Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

hunting / religion debate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MisterHalleck, Jul 13, 2002.

1. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Uhh Draco, I was talking about MODERN conflicts. We really should have gone throught with the Crusades, then they wouldnt be around today to piss us off

2. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    They also wouldn't be converting Africa by force, raping people and inducting their children into their militaries after killing their parents in front of their eyes. They wouldn't be bombing the international hospitals and food storage places either. Nor would they be making a profit from international oil companies and using the money to purchase more weapons to kill. From what I hear, 2-3 million people have died already in Sudan because of this. Many of them being Christians who just don't want to convert to Islam. Pretty sad how their religion can't stand up to debate so they have to convert people by force, unlike Budism, Christianity, etc... that merely talk to people and let them make up their own mind as to what they want to do. Course this is not all Muslim nations.

It's a sad world sometimes. :shake:

3. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    well both theorys are unproveable for the time beaing so its pretty much a moot point.

really, whats the difference between modern and ancient conflicts?

and on that second point of yours, dudes you are ****ed up if you really think that! you are way worse then what you seem to think muslims are.

lets commit genocide beacuse some people in that group are "evil" yeah thats good reasoning. :rolleyes: I'll agree with that when you kill your self beacuse of the crimes your religion/ethnic group have committed

Last edited: Jul 19, 2002
  4. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    I DO agree, religion is to blame but not ordinary muslim faith.
    The world would be a much better place without religion.

5. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    ??? Who said anything about killing Muslims? I was sarcasticly saying that if they had been killed then maybe this stuff wouldn't have happened. I never said that killing them was right. Killing is wrong no matter what and everyone deserves to live. I should have mentioned that I was being sarcastic. People don't get sarcasism on the net.

The Muslim people kept knowledge alive during the dark ages after the fall of Rome and we use their numeric system also. They have done a lot for us.

Yet another person who can't keep a debate impersonal. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2002
  6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    you may think that, but others might not. moral standards vary widely.

7. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Definetely.

8. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    But mine are right, and everyone who disagrees with me is wrong!

:p

:rolleyes:

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    oooh, perfect time for cow's pic!

[​IMG]

10. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    That's the second time I've seen that posted in like 2 days.

Yay for widespread use.

11. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ok, I diden't get that you were beaing sarcastic (some one needs to come up with a way of showing sarcasim).

and people shoulden't make pass judgement if they arn't willing to take on the same punishment for equal guilt. I guess thats what I was trying to say in that last bit.

I can see how people could think otherwise, but I just can't see how they could be right. I think killing is always wrong, but some times it can be the lesser of two evils.

12. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    sure it can be right. if you are conquering a continent then it's ok to slaughter the native peoples. :yeah:

13. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Most of the time I don't understand why people conquer. It's rather pathetic when you can't be happy with what you have, even if it's not as good as some. Resources are often the cause I guess. Partnerships and/or mergers with other nations might be a better choice.

14. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    people conquer for their religion, country, or other mob group.

15. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    That is inconclusive and Sooooo relative. When ur the largest religion on the planet, Ur obviously going to have more "trouble-makers".

16. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Countries/people conquer for resources - Land, Labor, Capital, or Technology.

The major factor in Economics is scarcity of these four resources. Other things are used as excuses, but nearly every conflict in history comes down to one or more of these.

(Can you tell I'm in an Econ class this summer? :) )

17. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I didn't say we should kill them all and I didnt say we should do it now. I SAID that it would have been nice of the Europeans to crush the Muslims instead of letting them have the Holy Land. (I've been reading Machiavelli.) His main theory is that if you hurt an enemy some, then he will come back and get revenge (like the Muslims are now). If you crush him so he can't retaliate, he will be forced to admit his inferiority. Then we would still have Muslims around, but they wouldnt be on this power trip just because they control their own holy land.

Machiavelli also said that you can, instead of demolishing your foes, embrace them and accept them. I have been wondering lately if that is possible. if it was, it would work and humans could live in harmony. But that hasn't happned yet,

Hitometer: 53,932,251 since 1995