Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Hunter Expansion Build

Discussion in 'Character Building' started by Calendryll, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
  2. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    i would say id make a very similar if not the same build with Red. It also seems to have the ability to work for PvE and PvP, which is nice.

3. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Mage builds only on these boards please.

(Looks fine to me, but hunter is the only class I've never actually played.)

4. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Honestly I think they could have come up with better talents for the high end abilities. Most of them are kinda lame.

5. ColdHeat

ColdHeat MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    looks good. but my spec will be quite diffrent.
    Im not totaly sure on my spec yet though.

6. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I'm probably gonna be 41/20/0 at the start of BC at least. Silencing Shot is a lot of fun though.

I'd probably move a few points around here and there myself Cal. I'd put the 2 in Imp Concussion into Go for the Throat, probably shift the 2/5 Endurance or 2/3 Humanoid Slaying over to Savage Strikes, and possibly trade 5/5 Efficiency for 5/5 Imp Hunter's Mark. I'm also not entirely sure if Combat Experience is worth the points.

Some interesting Beast Mastery discussion over on the Timeless boards here and here.

7. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Thanks Haite. Im still messing around with it and I came up with that in about 30 sec. Is the BM spec going to be most prominent now? I've read it's pretty damn good with the changes made.

8. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Oh I don't know. I'm going to use it for levelling up to 70 for sure, and probably stick with it for raiding too. The thing with the trees, at least it seems to me, is that they really made an effort to have any spec be viable for any playstyle. What I mean is that if you PVP, or raid, or solo grind, or whatever, any tree should work fairly well.

9. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    I've heard hunters are having extreme trouble retaining mana in BC. Shouldn't I keep the points in efficiency?

10. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    It depends on your playstyle really, like I said "possibly trade 5/5 Efficiency for 5/5 Imp Hunter's Mark". For soloing Efficiency might make you more effective over a period of time; doing the math for that would be complicated though. If you're Beast Mastery you get a much more significant portion of your damage from your pet's melee, so the Imp Mark has a larger impact in that spec. Improved Hunter's Mark will be necessary for raiding and probably at least a moderate boon for groups with rogues or warriors.

Hitometer: 53,595,152 since 1995