Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Hunter Build (need help)

Discussion in 'Character Building' started by Calendryll, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    So I would like to maximize damage as much as possible for pve. In playing around with the skill trees it looks like 5 points in AoTH and flooding the rest into MM may be the way to go. However, if I do this does it leave me pretty much screwed in pvp? Just wondering what your thoughts are on the subject? If any of you have a maximizing damage type of build and would like to share it let me know.

P.S. (Currently I am Surv specced with some marksman thrown in. As I was reading around the forums this is not the best that can be had damage wise. Apparently, I have to have the AoTH and TA skills. I really need help here because I have fallen in love so far with the Surv. tree. Is it possible for any of you to convince me that Marks is definitely better for damage?)

2. ColdHeat

ColdHeat MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    im MM specked and i do alot of damage. i use a BM/MM split. if you want more info on it ill post it here

3. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    So what I have figured out is this:

The 5/31/15 distribution is better until you have around 550 agility. After the 550 agility it seems that the 0/21/30 begins to outpace the marksman build. However, it appears that unless there is a huge distance from the 550 agility in either direction then there is no real gain or loss in either build.

The 5/31/15 (marksman) appears to be better for raiding in damage and aggro management. The Survival build appears to be able to hold it's own in this area as well though. While allowing the Marksman specced hunters a small advantage in damage during raids the Survival build cannot be beat in pvp. Apparently a well played Survival hunter can still outdamage a marks hunter during raid situations due to increased crits, higher survivability, and higher melee damage (When forced into those types of situations).

So in conclusion......I havent solved my dilemma at all. I think I may just stick with the Survival build for now. Still trying to make up my mind.

4. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I don't know dude. What I do know is that Scatter Shot annoys the hell out of me in PvP.

5. shack

shack MSC Knight

Market Rating:

ya imma agree with lurk on that one ..scatter shot is very affective in pvp

6. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Won't make a difference come patch time. Hunters getting Scatter Shot as a skill and won't need to get it through talent points. GG.

7. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Oh, great. :rolleyes:

8. Calendryll

Market Rating:

Are you sure about that? I havent heard anything about this.

Hitometer: 53,551,717 since 1995