Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Holy Cow! TONS of new members!

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Jun 10, 2000.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    ROFL! haha! Whew. OK then. Well... DANG! Can we all say, "major qualifications!" I'm almost certain I will do character leaders. cowofwar is looking pretty good in the running right now!

------------------
    lamo mac boy

2. Edward

Edward Unregistered

Hey Jakeman,

At some point you might just start a topic wherein you describe how members can apply for guild/tribe administration (dividing by character classes would be more like Guilds than Tribes since Guilds are usually based on skill sets).

The boards will get very messy if many people start posting their resumes at random.

------------------
    Edward, the Black Prince

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Actually, reading the forums is a good indicatin of just how much people want to get involved with this clan. If you just sign yourself up and forget about it then you probably wouldn't be much of a good tribal leader. But if you get involved with the clan and try to organize meetings and whatnot you'd probably be a good leader.
    Basically it all pretty much runs down to how often your name appears in different places, if you can make a good name for yourself and get people to look up to you or respect you then they'd probably agree to making you a tribal leader.
    -Anywho, just my 2 cents

------------------
    By reading the above post you agree that your soul is mine.

4. Nhoj Uhc

Nhoj Uhc Peasant

Market Rating:
    I nominate myself as the head of Necromancer Moratorium. I believe that as Necromancers, it is our right that we should have free reign upon our own judgement, so long as it does not hurt our Mac brethen...even those accursed Paladins. If the end justify the means... I say just go for it.

5. Edward

Edward Unregistered

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cowofwar:
    Actually, reading the forums is a good indicatin of just how much people want to get involved with this clan. If you just sign yourself up and forget about it then you probably wouldn't be much of a good tribal leader. But if you get involved with the clan and try to organize meetings and whatnot you'd probably be a good leader.
    Basically it all pretty much runs down to how often your name appears in different places, if you can make a good name for yourself and get people to look up to you or respect you then they'd probably agree to making you a tribal leader.
    -Anywho, just my 2 cents
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Just because someone is overly chatty is no reason to make them a guild leader [​IMG]

A vote by each character class for their favorite person might result in the most active poster getting the vote, but there is a lot more to the administration of a guild than what might come out on a board like this. It might also be made clear whether or not this person is going to be a leader or an administrator as there is quite a difference. That's why I was suggesting that jakeman put up a topic where he spells out what responsibilities will befall the appointed.

------------------
    Edward, the Black Prince

6. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Edward:
    but there is a lot more to the administration of a guild than what might come out on a board like this. It might also be made clear whether or not this person is going to be a leader or an administrator as there is quite a difference. That's why I was suggesting that jakeman put up a topic where he spells out what responsibilities will befall the appointed.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Duh, he's already waaaay ahead of you.

------------------

7. Jade~Mist

Jade~Mist Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well, the way I see it, doesn't really matter how many are in the clan, as long as they all participate. I'm not talking playing D2 all the time, but maybe at least once a week or something. And at least with this many members there will always be a game open for someone to join. That's the way it worked with the macdiablo community I played with (wasn't really a guild). We just used macdiablo/ password macdiablo, and for more games just add a number, like macdiablo4/macdiablo4. That way, you could find an open game. Organizing games is good too of course, via chat or this board. But having a certain game name and pass will help for those who just want to drop in and play.
    Just a thought.

------------------
    Jade~Mist, sorceress and companion

8. Edward

Edward Unregistered

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cowofwar:
    Duh, he's already waaaay ahead of you.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

cowofwar,
    Are you an idiot or do you just not read complete threads? *shrug* kids... [​IMG]

------------------
    Edward, the Black Prince

9. Nhoj Uhc

Nhoj Uhc Peasant

Market Rating:
    Whoah Whoah! I think there was some miscommunication here! I didn't even get the threads you guyz wrote anyway. We're Clan brothers u know! Besides, you can vent your frustation and hatred to pecee players later. So like keep it in until then.

10. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think that many of the people in the clan will not be really active, some of them just joined up because they wanted to be in a clan and get the perks (if you can really call them perks) that go with it. Some of us will just be more into it then others and i dont think they should be punished for not being very active in clan realated activities. However, people must do more in this clan then just put the MAC tag on their Battle net name
    Hannibal

11. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    goals of this clan:

1. to always have a clan game up where members can join and play with other clan members.
    2. To make a name for ourselves on battle.net as Mac users.
    3. to have a mac community with which to play, trade, duel, etc.
    4. to uphold our rather idealistic rules, policies, and purposes as to make a clan like clan mAc look bad. [​IMG]
    5. Well, just read the "About us" and "rules" section...

with these goals the more the merrier. who cares if a few people aren't that active in the clan. that just means that they have actual lives and the rest of us don't. [​IMG] [​IMG] it will all work out fine. I knows this to be true...

------------------
    lamo mac boy

12. DrSpunj

DrSpunj Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm not sure what everyone else is expecting out of this clan, but here's my hopes:

1) To be able to join Bnet and find some clan people to go adventuring with (in a nearly instantaneous fashion! [​IMG] at whatever time of day or night I happen to log on

2) To have a place to swap out cool items that I can't use for my character, hoping to find something from someone else that I can

3) To have a place where I can go, talk to others about strategy and/or skill placement based upon their experiences with their own characters

4) To meet different people that make the whole Diablo 2 experience better than it would be soloing!

Just my 2 cents, I'm not big into clan wars, nor PKs, nor telling off PeeCee users. I have a G3, I love having it but if a PeeCee user doesn't want to be enlightened I don't see it as my personal mission to explain things to them.

As for subclans, Jakeman, you have already done a hell of a lot of work here, the page and board are really great, but I expect you will need help, and the whole Guild thing (I like that term better than tribes as it does hint at skill based differences) appeals to me. In the short term everyone will have ONE character, but after playing awhile everyone is likely to switch classes and therefore be able to switch Guilds on a rolling basis depending on which character they feel like playing that day.

It would be nice on Bnet to have multiple channels our clan uses, say "MAC-Amazon" and/or "MAC-Trading" or whatever, in addition to the channel(s) we use to get together to actually play, something like "MAC-Diablo 2" that everybody knows. I like Jade~Mist's idea about some standard passwords. If they are posted here on the forum, and everyone must be a member, then it should be pretty easy to change on a semi-routine basis to keep our games limited to clan members only. That's one thing I liked about StarCraft games, the game creator had the option to boot and ban people from the game. You couldn't do that in Diablo, and I don't think it's an option in Diablo 2. If it were I wouldn't have to worry about PKs, just boot their ass out of my game!

Anyway, enough rambling, sorry to take up so much bandwidth!

13. flytrap

flytrap Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ditto to everything that DrSpunj said!

14. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Edward:
    cowofwar,
    Are you an idiot or do you just not read complete threads? *shrug* kids... [​IMG]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh well, sorry 'bout that. Woudn't want to start some sort of flame war...

------------------

15. Rustam

Rustam Peasant

Market Rating:
    I would think one of the purposes of joining a clan is to enhance the role-playing experience. If you are trying to "role-play", then a group of clans would join to form a tribe, not the other way around. Clans would be composed of various people with different skills; there would not be a "Necromancers Clan". Who ever heard of Necromancers being social anyway? I agree that our current numbers are too great to develop an esprit-de-corps among clansmen. Simply form smaller clans. I'd say ten characters would be the high end. These characters would be the representative heroes of a clan, that clan also being comprised of farmers, artisans, women, children, etc. (who would remain nameless because they are just filthy peasants). Of course, there would be inter-clan disputes, but we would unite (MAC) when our tribe is offended. If you want to form secret guilds (like the stinking necromancers), the guild loyalties could cross clans (or even tribes . . .)

16. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    If any one gets to my post ill be amazed.

Anyways the problem with caps is that the 20 members or so could be the 20 members or so that DONT play. How about make it mandatori for people to post on this borad?

------------------
    mud

17. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mud:
    If any one gets to my post ill be amazed.

Anyways the problem with caps is that the 20 members or so could be the 20 members or so that DONT play. How about make it mandatori for people to post on this borad?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Makes sense. I'm tired so I'm not...going...to...type...muc.............................

------------------

18. Rustam

Rustam Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm not suggesting that Jakeman assign people to a particular clan and break us down to 10 or 20; I simply think that a smaller group that size is necessary to develop a feeling of unity. Think of it as a gang or a fraternity, if you prefer. We would develop and join clans on our own, within the MAC community. Then, once a group identity is formed, we could smash other clans in the face. [​IMG]

19. Fintanisco

Fintanisco Peasant

Market Rating:
    Rustam, that's the first intelligent thing you've said so far. I commend you.

20. Rustam

Rustam Peasant

Market Rating:
    Gee, thanks Fin. Actually, it's not the first intelligent thing I've said; it's just the first I've said to you.

Baby steps . . .

-R

Hitometer: 53,845,547 since 1995