Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Holy Cow! TONS of new members!

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Jun 10, 2000.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I send an announcement to IMG and what do I get? 24 new members!!! We are at 31 right now!

Oh yeah, thanks a lot you guys! I get back from a long day of work and check my e-mail and what do I see? An entire screen filled with nothing but "Diablo 2 Sign up Form" e-mails! I've spent 2 hours sorting through these things. Now I've probably got carpol-tunnel. Crap! It's 12:30am right now! *joking chuckle* [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    lamo mac boy

2. The Reaper

The Reaper Peasant

Market Rating:
    Holy shit! 33 members! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    21 in just 1 day! [​IMG] Just imagine the members we'll have when D2 actually does come out!

3. Fintanisco

Fintanisco Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yeah, that's all well and good, but perhaps we should be a little more, uh, moderate?

4. Fintanisco

Fintanisco Peasant

Market Rating:
    I mean, the more the merrier, but too many members and the clan will lose a personal feeling. I learned this from Myth II. Perhaps we should cap the clan at, say, 50 members? There will probably be a few people who never really play a lot, and a few people who we don't really want around, so the available slots for membership would be open every once and a while.

5. The Reaper

The Reaper Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yeah, Finta-what-ever-you-name-is you're right to many would suck. [​IMG]

6. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    That's a good point. I never thought of that. Though, ideally I would like to include all the Mac people I can. That personal feeling may be lacking, but at least the "bunch of Mac buds" feeling will be healthy. Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

------------------
    lamo mac boy

7. Hells Fire

Hells Fire Peasant

Market Rating:
    Wow!!! If this keeps up, we will have WAY more then 150 by the end of next week!!

8. BUDDAH

BUDDAH Peasant

Market Rating:
    I just became a member and I can't wait to play with fellow mac owners.

------------------
    -------
    BUDDAH
    -------

9. Edward

Edward Unregistered

Hey all, one of the new members here to say hi. I'll be playing one of the many paladins. Paladins and Mac Users, there's something holy about our struggle [​IMG]
    I'm looking forward to gaming with the lot of you, I'll get my web site tuned up and toss some character-related stuff up there.
    ----------
    Edward, the Black Prince

[This message has been edited by Edward (edited 06-10-2000).]

10. Paganor

Paganor Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hello everybody,
    Here is my idea about new members:
    Until diablo releases, we can accept everyone who wants to join. After the game starts, we can arrange some rules or we can divide into allied clans i don't know.
    [​IMG]

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Well, I just got home from work and 3 more people had sent me sign up forms. Now we are up to 42 members! Quite a healthy number! I think it's going to be awesome to play with other Mac people. We'll have organized games and stuff too. If Apple hurries up and does something new with the G4s, I'll get one of those and turn my iMac into a dedicated Diablo 2 server for the clan. I'm on a DSL connection so it should be pretty fast. Though my upstream maxes at 25Kps. I think it should still be sufficient.

------------------
    lamo mac boy

12. flytrap

flytrap Peasant

Market Rating:
    I figure that if you feel like doing the work
    let people join up and when we start in September? we'll trim the excess fat.

13. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I already have several people that I haven't heard from since they joined. Nor have they signed up for the message board. I don't know it that means they are flakes or what. We'll see. [​IMG] (they probably just don't check their e-mail 20 times a day like I do, so they haven't read the new member e-mail yet) [​IMG]

------------------
    lamo mac boy

14. Fintanisco

Fintanisco Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think there should be a certain ammount of time that one should be absent from playing Diablo II until they are considered inactive, and their membership slot becomes open for another possible candidate... unless they're off on a trip, or something.

[This message has been edited by Fintanisco (edited 06-11-2000).]

15. flytrap

flytrap Peasant

Market Rating:
    yeah, Fintanisco said it. Not to get too personal, but it would be good to let everyone know if your not going to be around, like out on a vacation, or getting that broom handle removed from your ass, or something. Just so everyone, especially admin, knows what the dilly is!

16. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Ideally, you guys are right. But with so many people joining it's hard to keep track. I think once the new joins start to settle down I'll send out a confirmation e-mail to everyone. I will keep track of who responds and who doesn't. Because I don't want names just sitting there on the clan site without people to back them.

------------------
    lamo mac boy

17. Justice

Justice Peasant

Market Rating:
    Jakeman -=- I think everyone here is correct...unfortunately we are running into a "nice problem" in that we have many members that want to join, but I wonder how many will play.
    I think somewhere/somehow a cap needs to be set but I'm not sure how it can be done with the guidelines that are in place.

Best To All,
    Justice

18. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    What do you guys think about taking a reserve list for now?

19. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Justice and I have been talking over e-mail. He suggested something that I think is a good idea. We could put a cap on the number of each character. Like we could have a cap of 20 members per character, then the rest would go into a reserve list until we figure out what to do with such a high demand for membership. I kind of like this idea. With a cap of 20 per character we would eventually have a max of 100 members. Then we would have a reserve list to go to if anyone dropped. What do you guys think?

------------------
    lamo mac boy

20. flytrap

flytrap Peasant

Market Rating:
    The reserve list is a good idea. At this rate
    we could have 20 regulars and 20 characters on reserve for each class.
    We definitely won't have a problem with too few players........damn, the game's not even out yet!

Hitometer: 53,816,855 since 1995