Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Hmm Neverwinter Night forum? When it comes out for mac of course

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by ogopogo, Jul 16, 2002.

1. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    Just making a suggestion, I thought it'd would be fun to have a regular NWN Game every week with some clannies

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    but NWN doesn't have a centralized gaming service right? we would have to set up a server.

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    The game isn't good enough for clan games. It's an RPG. Not everyone likes them so you would only have a couple people playing it.

4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Diablo 2...

The game is mad pimp, I can't wait for it to become an official clan game.

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    but...

it wouldn't be a good clan game because there is no central gaming service. RPGs suck without a gaming service.

6. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    It's not like Diablo 2 though where you go frag and level to 99. The levels cap at 20 I think, and it plays a lot slower than D2 or the like. It's more like a FPS in that you'd play maybe once a week with the clan for a few hours on a fast host (like Wulf's school's T1). It's not the kind of game you play 10 hours straight on battle.net.

7. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    Wy doesn´t the clan play starcraft? My iMac is to old to play WC3, and i´m sure there´re many out there like me.
    ...I think i´m going to play osme right now.

8. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ya you are probally right......It's just such a shame to see the fact that the game support some 20-30 ppl in one game would go to waste. It'd still be fun for 3, 4 ppl to go through the quest together maybe once or twice a week.

9. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    We used to play it regularly but with WC3 being new and all... Once the newness of WC3 wears off a bit, who knows? I :love: Starcraft. (and WC3)

I would probably play with you if I had it.

10. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    without a centralized server your character and stuff wouldn't be saved so the game would not be continuing so it would be pointless.

11. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    The characters are saved locally. Don't worry about hacking, they're heavily encrypted so no one's gonna be ****ing around with uber characters.

12. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ya believe me I tried, all I ever got out of it is "Invalid Character" oops now I've done it :p forget what I just said

13. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    So if they're saved locally, what's to stop a few people in the clan from playing it now and then? :confused:

Starcraft supported saved games in multi without saving on a server. Why should things be different in NWN?

14. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    Becuase it not out for mac yet duh! :p

15. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    because shadowbane is coming :nod:

16. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    It's like AD&D where you carry your character sheet with you from home to your DM's house, play, get some goodies, raise a level or two, gain this or that... then you take that character sheet to some other DMs house and he's like "where the fück did you get a Hyper Vorpal Serated Steak Sword of Beef Burger Fileting +23?? And you're like "Monty Haul was my other DM..."

Anyway, I think NWN looks like some cool shït if you like RPG. If you find someone who is willing to be DM and run what is basically a pen and paper turned 3D cmputer D&D world for a group of geeky gamers, it should be some RPG fun. Use these forums to find players and organize, but I don't see a real benefit to start a NWN clan or chapter.

17. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    does look like alot of fun, and you do not have to have a central server. how hard is it to have the DM to host? or another player? guys, yer getting spoiled, this is how we all used to do it :=

levels are also not capped at 20, you can go waaaay beyond that. And in D&D character become very powerful at 20 and beyond. over 30 and you're almost godly. comparing it to D2 will not work.

Unfortuntaly, I prob won't be able to run it on my g3 400 powerbook, I'm expecting the specs will be too high for the game.

18. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    Actually I do believe the Level are capped at 20 in NWN right now, You can however start multi-class. Or wait for the expasion when u will get the exp cap raise to 40 something(Like back in BGII)

19. Jakeman

Market Rating:
  20. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    it uses 3rd edition D&D rules if I'm not mistaken so levels will be capped at 20 unless they put out a patch once the epic levels handbook comes out for pen and paper 3rd ed. which will detail characters above level 20.

Hitometer: 53,589,844 since 1995