Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

hi guys

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Alteren, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Alteren

Alteren MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Good news.

I'm probably coming back soon. Alteren is rendered useless, and I'm not the craziest about grinding to 60 again.

Keep this on the hush-hush, but I'm considering using a power-leveling service to get a guy back up there.

I don't think it's as bad as buying someone else's account, and I just don't have the energy to do the grind again.

Anyway, hopefully everyone will still accept that. This time around, I'm only going to go in one month blocks and try to decide at the end of each month whether I want to play more.

Sorry for the news that I'll probably be coming back the way I am, but it's currently what I feel like I have the energy for.

I'll cya later.

2. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    i personally dont agree with paying for power leveling, but that is just me.

3. Alteren

Market Rating:
    I know what you mean. I dont' so much either, and I dont' feel great about thinking about going that route, but I'm itchin' to make one last comeback. I'm just not sure I have the engery to grind it out.

Is there anyone who would have a particular problem with me if I did this?

4. Twerg

Twerg MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    don't need a service

Man, I'd help out when I can. I don't mind running instances over and over to level you (I think that is the fastest way to go), but I have to say from experience that the more help you get, the less skills you develop. Also, I bet you could get Choco to portal you around if you just want to push quests for fast exp too. Its not like there is a shortage of mages in this guild, also. :P Anyway, let me know if you want some help.

Twerg

5. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Actually you can get your toon restored (no equipment though) by contacting Blizzard. I know of a few people that deleted their toon and sold everything they had and yet they were able to get their toon back (no gear/gold). Blizzard will just restore your toon and you'll have to gear yourself up again.

6. Alteren

Market Rating:
    Thanks Twerg. Though I'm beginning to think more and mroe about it.

Is there anyone who would be mad at me for powerleveling a character?

7. Twerg

Twerg MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    no problem here

The way I see it is that you did the work once already, why not get through it as fast as you can.

8. Alteren

Market Rating:
    I found a service that has a very long terms and conditions and FAQ about how they don't violate the terms of service.

It's a little odd, but I think I"m gonna try it. So I guess you guys won't see me for at least a few days, but apparently I'll get updated progress daily on a site, so I can keep ya posted.

I'll probably pop in before I get it all started.

I'll see you guys soon.

9. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    It's all you. I personally enjoy the experience, but then I wouldn't have deleted my character, so the situation is different.

Make sure your account doesn't have any other characters on it (that could be compromised) and change your account password after.

10. Alteren

Market Rating:
    Will do J. They spell that out clearly. The one I'm picking took extra time to spell out the safety rules and all that. Some of the other ones I jsut wasn't comfortable with.

11. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Sounds to me that you're not really wanting to get your warrior back but is getting another class(es) leveled for you (since you can just tell them and they'll restore it). Not very promising and I think it's the cheap way out. It's almost the same as buying someone else's account.

12. Alteren

Market Rating:
    I'm going to sit and think over the next few days.

It hit me this morning that it just wouldn't be worth the money.

I'll keep you guys posted.

13. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Seriously we could help powerlevel you in no time.

14. Alteren

Market Rating:
    I'm thinking about whether or not to come back now :-). I don't want to pay for that s***. I had a crazy moment last night. That's all I can say.

What does cause resistance to me coming back is the amount of time it would take me to get to 60 again. I wouldn't mind being at 60...what you lose in variety at that level, you gain in flexibility as there isn't that pressure to level.

There's also this. Playing as a warrior was alright, but there may be other thiigns I'd rather be doing. Obviously, most of my other experience is at warlock, but I have had fun in the priest, druid, paladin, and hunter (don't worry I wouldn't do this :-)) areas. If I came back to start all over, I'd really want to pick one and stick with it, so I'm certainly welcome to suggestions on a choice there. Given the right circumstances, I can probably have fun with just about anything.

I also really have to think about if I'm going to have enough time to play in general. Things are goign to change probably with me getting my A.S. and being my epic B.S. quest :-).

As accepting as you guys are, it's not fair to all of you if I just come and go every couple of months. I know it's just a game and all of that, but I don't like doing that to people.

I suppose I could start out going in little one moth blocks and taking a look at my situation at the end of each month.

My personal life has stabalized greatly, and that's what's prompted me wanting to come back.

I am sorry for my inconsistency and sudden departure. I appreciate the willingness to help me through the leveling.

I just need to do some serious thinking about what I want to do, though going at it for a one month subscription is probably close to decided.

Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted.

15. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Boy this game makes one wishy-washy doesn't it? Trust me dude, I know how you feel.

Dude, seriously, get Alteren restored, we can get you geared up again fairly quickly. I know you want to play something other than a warrior, but that would be your fastest route back to the end game content. Plus we need more tanks. :D

And then roll another toon if you want to try something else. Most of us have alts that need leveling up too. I have a 17 druid, a 19 warlock, a 10 priest, and that's just me. If I had other guildies to play with at the same level I'd stick with my alts more.

And don't worry about your play time. You have to decide whether you can play enough to justify your $15 a month, but that's up to you. MSC has never had, nor will ever have, mandatory play time rules. You will be welcome to be a member with us for as much or as little as you can be on.

16. Ellusion

Ellusion MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Hey Alt, if you really wanna come back you can have my account if you want. I dont think i'll be coming back after I come back to America in August.

I have a 60 Priest 60 Warlock 45 Hunter 20 Warrior on Hyjal as well as a 60 Paladin on Shadowsong my first PvE server also another 60 Paladin on Frostmourne the Oceanic PvP server.

If your interested send me a email at daniel.l.dam@gmail.com

And hello guys from Vietnam. late

PS I wont sell my account so you don't have to worry about any nubs trying to heal as your Moon Priestess, unless that nub is Alteran or some other guildy =P

PSS oh yea, please leave your email on this thread also alteran, so I know it's you sending me an email for my account info instead of some nub trolling this site trying to get my account.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  17. Alteren

Market Rating:
    I may just do that. He'd need a whole lot of help though :-)

18. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Liar. Expansion will be out by then. Plus, you'll miss me too much. You'll be back. :p :D

It's okay, I can't leave either. :arcade:

No, seriously, I can stop whenever I want. Really, I can.

19. ColdHeat

ColdHeat MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    ive got a couple guys around lvl 10 that ide love lvling with you. i still need to get danger up to 60 but he can wait lol. i think ide have to go with either the priest or pally. but if you want to do that you can count me in!

20. Alteren

Market Rating:
    MusicWriter0984@aol.com

Hitometer: 53,550,346 since 1995