Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Hey Sparhawk

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Moose, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Don't you work at a publishing company right near the towers?

2. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    No, I'm in BC, thankfully. Goddamn.

3. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    no, that's Gilgamesh. :(

Gil. you alright buddy?

4. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    i go 2 skool in dc like across the bridge from the pentagon... all the skools were evacuated it's all crazy

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    awww, where is gil? :distress:

6. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    I hope he's okay... The leadership of our company (President, CEO, and the CTO) were in New York today. Just came into the airport and were trying to get a car to go to wall street to raise capital for an expansion when the planes hit. That close to wiping them out. Couple of minutes earlier and they would have been in the middle of that.

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I'm here...safe and sound (as if that helps much...)

I work at 34th street and 7th ave... My window faces directly south (towards the Twin Towers). I saw the whole thing (except for the inital hit by the 1st plane),

I watched the 2nd plane fly right into it... I watched the South tower collapse into itself... I watched the North tower collapse also...

I am sooo pissed, frustrated, outraged, upset, and sorrowful.... I don't know what to feel at the moment.

aarghhhh.. I want retribution....

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i wish i could have seen it happen. you got to see history take place. true, it's an infamous event, but it's still a huge event in the history of this country.

9. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Glad you are okay, Gil. I can't say I agree with Jake that I wish I had seen it, but I understand what he means. Still, I've only seen it on TV and I doubt the images will ever completely leave my mind, I can only imagine what it must have been like for you.

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    It was completely surreal... It's just too hard to describe at the moment. It was like watching some type of movie that turned out to be horribly real.

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Die Hard with a vengeance come to life. :(

12. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    agreed, just like the Challenger explosion, this image is not leaving anytime soon. The only thing I want to see now are the heads of the folks who ordered this in a glass case on display at the White House. A grim reminder.

Very happy to hear that you are still with us Gil.

13. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    skools are out 2morow too, roads are almost deserted.. they keep saying this is the only attack in us since pearl harbor. imagin in 60 years they'll be making a movie about this. i think this is a famous event, the worst terrorist attack ever in the world they say. i can't stop thinking about the people who were waiting, (i saw on the news) waving out of the windows, i dunno if they were trapped and saying help. it's sick thinking that the towers just collapsed down onto thousands of people, some who didn't even know it was comming; and seeing the wave of dust flowing over the streets like from volcanos. and the 250 firefighters who were trying to rescue people after the first plane. they just died... i can't believe all us' bull shit cia crap, in the airports here in dc there aren't any guards or anything watching out for suspicious looking people, i'm sure it was easy for them to take those plains... geez i couldn't believe when i saw all the palestinians celebrating in the streets, i would be just as disgusted if i saw attacks like this on them

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Yes...I am thouroughly disgusted withthe Palestinian display of vulgar and barbaric glee of the loss of innocent life...

But then again, those of us in the US are the spawn of Satan, or at least closely related to him (as seen by most of the world).

15. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    wOOt! :laugh2:

16. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    Ahem, speak for yourself :)

17. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well, this could potentialy give us an excuse to take over an oil producing country...

18. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I was watching CNN this morning and it is amazing as to how many times they have shown the planes hit and the buildings collapse. It really is sureal. I am sure the images will stay with us all. The stuff that was on this morning was worse then yesterday. The whole mess can be seen now, they second plane hitting has been shown numerous times from the flight path (can see it enter the building) and there are talks of cell phone calls from people still trapped.

I am not sure if I heard it correctly, but there were reports that intelligence knew that this was going to happen and that they didn't act on it. It was a quick text blurb that was displayed on CNN this morning. They also said that there is an Izrealie (sp?) reporter who was warned to leave the city because an annihilation was going to occur, he said he stayed b/c he wanted to see what was going to happen. F'ed up shit it is.

19. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I haven't heard of any warnings as of yet... As far as I have been able to determine, it was unexpected....

Some light in the dark:
    - Some people have been getting pulled from the rubble alive. There was a group of six people from Tower 1 that survived the collapse cause a sturdy pocket formed around them as the building imploded...and they were found as the rubble was removed.
    - A few firefighters have been rescued
    - There have been a few cell calls from trapped people
    - There was news of a man who fell from the 81st floor, but miraclously survived by kinda surfing down the edge of the rubble as the building imploded and the base of the powder and rubble expanded breaking the guys fall (this is still just an unconfirmed rumor that has been reported, but haven't seent the guy yet)...

20. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    they did know this was gonna happen, i think a few weeks ago us got a threat but bush went and said something stupid like "i'm american u wanna mess with me" and then ignored the threats or something cuz he thinks he's so powerfull and us is perfect. clinton would have taken the time to talk it over with them, to find out what they wanted and the attack probably never would have happened. they took the advantage of the time of having a president like bush to attack

Hitometer: 53,577,148 since 1995