Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Hey mud.

Discussion in 'Planetarion' started by Jakeman, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    You seem to understand this game fairly well. Why don't you write a little step by step guide to getting started with this game and I'll post it as an announcement in this forum so it will be at the top always.

2. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    yeah mud, i just signed up and i'm too lazy to read all the manuals and stuff, i need a quickstart!

3. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ok then

Once you understand the basic of how to do stuff in PA(Planetarion) you will quickly learn about the rest.

When you just start out your under 72 hour protection, so you CAN NOT be attacked for how many hours of protection. So building a fleet of ships or PDS is not a priority. Resources are. There are 6 different tech trees and the very last tech of each tree will cancel out the very last tech from another tree. The very first tech tree you should start on is the resources one. That tech tree starts off with the minning center which you can build in the construction section. Here is a helpful link.

When you start out you have 1 roid, which is an astroid, and it is un-initiated. An initated roid gives you 250 resources of the type to make per tick, 1 tick is rouchly 1 hour. To initate a roid go to the resources area and you will be able to initate it there. There more you have the more it costs to start a roid. DO NOT TRY TO GET AS MANY ROIDS AS POSSIBLE! If you do people in bigger galaixes will attack you for the roids so they can use them.

Construction, your very first building you should build is the Mining center, which creates 1500 units of metal a tick. Which is equal to 6 roids. You can build more things when you research something, and building somethign allows you to research something else too.

In research the first thing you should do is start on energy patterns. That will allow you to build a Scope amplifier which allows you to build roid scans and wave smps. Wave amps boost your chance for your waves to be succseful. roid scans are waves that will find you roids. Which you then can start for resources.

You dont need to build much PDS till you are a fairly large size, mostly because whil you are small one attack form a big place can wipe it all out.

So build ships instead. If there is a battle you are at and you know you cant win it and will lose all your ships, send them else where.

Scoring is done on resources and ships. your total resources divided by 100 will be added to your score. PDS and ships add 1 10th of their resources to score. Starting a roid adds 1500 points. But if you lsoe any of those you lose score.

In the military section you have all your fleet status stuff. All your ships you build are put in base fleet, which can not be moved, but if you are attackked and ships are in that fleet they will be defending. At the bottem of that screen you can send fleets to other places to defend and attack. Dont woeey about that till later though.

The politics section is your galaxies OWN forum that no one else can visit.

Affairs is where you can ellect a GC(Galaxy Commander) who will try to set up alliances with other galaixes to help each other out in a time of need. You ca also donate resources to other people in your galaxy from this page.

Overview gives you a little overview of your planet. pretty simple.

Galaxy news show all major events that happen in your galaxy. Such as some planet reciving incoming hostile or someone attacking someone else. it will moslty be fleet news.

The privite news is news that affects only you. When you build something it shows up their. Battle reports show up tehir. If you donate or recive resources it shows up their. If you launch a fleet you get notified there.

The alliance and enemies are only used if oyu have incoming hostile ships or incoming frinedly ships.

PDS section is where you bild PDS.

You can record stuff in your journal. its permanet too.

Messages is where you can acces your PA mail account. It cans end mail to anyone in PA by entering their coords.

Soem notes on battle reports. When you defend or attack and multiple fleets are involved all the attacking ships get combined into one fleet for calculating purposes. and all defending get the same. All ships also have primary and secondary targets. If a ship class from a ships primary is present, it will target that ship first. if no ship class of primary is there it will got to secondary. And if no secondary it will target random ships in the crowd. Example: Destroyers target Battle ship class ships first, the only BA class ship is the Battleships, so if the attackers or defenders have and destroyers and their opponent has BA's your destroyers will target them.

Here are some helpful links:

http://npaweb02.planetarion.com/manual/overview.shtml

thsi next link shows what ships tagret what first and such.

http://www.geocities.com/tactitus2000/PA/Units.html

hope that helps.

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    done.

5. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    In the next round you'll be able to jon whichever galaxy you want.

Clan-mAc is starting their own galaxy, unless we start one (which I don't think is a good idea because there isn't enough of us) I'll probably join their's.

6. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    We will see. i wouldnt mind having our own little galaxy. with 25 planets ina system we would need at least 25 people. ok, im 1. keep counting people..

7. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    i want # 5 :D

8. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    #2.

Autolycus, Try to count in order.

-1,2,5!
    -3 sir!
    -3!

9. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'll play if we're in our own galaxy...

10. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    no, screw order!! i want 5!!

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I'm in. What number am I? :p

12. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Better than being number two... :sick:

13. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Mmmmm... Angie Harmon.

Sorry, had a Keeksy flash there. Feeling better.

14. Autolycus

Market Rating:
  15. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Sorry, Law and Order joke. It was on tonight, that's what sparked the comment.

16. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    I started an account when I first heard about this game but I have since deleted it since I had no godly idea what the hell was going on and I had been playing for like five weeks and only had destroyers I think... I will definitely start a new account if we can have our own galaxy... Count me in...

And I want #21...

Thx
    Kal

17. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    IM number

6... cuzz I was born on the 6th...

18. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    if we make our own gal im in and id like #13

19. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    god damn it people, we are count in ORDER. to see if we have 25 people. ok starting over. im 1.

20. Jakeman

Market Rating:

Hitometer: 53,853,542 since 1995