Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Here's the latest concerning the clan!

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Jun 2, 2000.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    For those that haven't read the news on the clan site, here ya go! It's especially important that you know about the character names and battle.net servers as explained below. I also changed the clan site a bit. I finally got the web forms to work so that joining and contacting me is as simple as typing a message and hitting submit, all right on the web page.

06-02-00: Here's how we are going to work the names. Since the final release of Diablo 2 will not support guilds/clans, we will need to incorporate our clan acronym into our character names when we create our characters. The acronym will be "MAC" (short for "The Myriad of Allied Clansmen"). This will go on the end of your character name. For example, my character name is Jakeman. So when I create my character on the battle.net servers I will name my character Jakeman~MAC. I think the asterisk (I think it's called an asterisk, it might be a tilda) looks cool separating the name from MAC. This way everyone on battle.net knows what clan you are from when they see your name. The second order of business is the battle.net servers. Blizzard is making different servers around the world for Diablo 2. The catch is that if you want to play against some one on battle.net then both characters have to be stored on the same server. Obviously we will want to be able to play with other clan members when the game comes out. So we will all need to create our characters on the same server. I think the best server to create our characters on is the East Coast US server. This is said to be the biggest server, and it's also in a central location, covering both Europe, North America, and South America fairly evenly. I you happen to live in Asia or Australia you may experience minimal lag when playing games, but we have to make a compromise or else we won't be able to play together. If you have any opinions on this please tell me on the message board.

06-01-00: Yet again I have redesigned the Clan site. : ) I have also added web forms on the "Join" page and "Contact" page making these two functions of this site streamlined. I have made the "Diablo 2 Clan" forum on the message board private such that only clan members may view or create topics within that forum.

------------------
    lamo mac boy

2. Jopakazoln

Jopakazoln Peasant

Market Rating:
    ~ = Tilde (Prmounced Til-day)

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Kind of odd how in the new Diablo 1 patch you can change the gateway that your character uses from USWest to USEast for example, although I haven't heard anything about implementing this feature into D2.

------------------
    By reading the above post you agree that your soul is mine.

Hitometer: 53,814,151 since 1995