Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Help out some lowbies

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by MisterHalleck, Apr 5, 2005.

1. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Jake, I hear you can make 14 or 16-slot bags? I could definitely use a few, that way I can solo for a lot longer. My friend (dcwilson26, name Agarwaen in hyjal) could probably use some cheap stuff too.

that's all I really wanted to ask. Ertai pointed me to you when i asked him about bags.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I will send you some.

3. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    lol

http://img171.exs.cx/img171/7939/bagheaven4qn.jpg

pwnage

(friend of mine sent me a link to this... his clan, Ruined, has got 2 of the only 10 Bottomless Bag recipes to ever drop in all of North America)

//edit... apparently each one takes >4 days to make, because it requires Mooncloth, which can only be made one-at-a-time in the Night Elf moonwell, by soaking Felcloth, which is a 3% drop anyways. Wow. Just Wow.

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Those bags are insanely expensive for just 2 more slots.

5. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Thanks for the two bags, jake.

6. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Let me know if you need more. I am just randomly sending bags to low levels.

7. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    what mats do you require to make these bags? just curious.

8. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Human souls and puppy skin!

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    25 runecloth, 2 rugged leather, 1 runethread.

10. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Is it that hard to farm that much stuff? I know I get about 15 pieces of linen per session right now... what's the drop rate on Runecloth?

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    The drop rate is probably similar for mobs who drop runecloth, but my kill rate for those mobs isn't super high. I find it is much faster to farm pirates for money (I can kill 10 or 12 at a time), then buy the runecloth on the AH.

12. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    And thank you, by the way!

13. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    I kill 10-15 lvl 50-52 mobs at a time and they usually drop 1-3 runecloth a piece so I can gather those pretty quickly. Either that or I go to Hearthglen and kill 8 Lumberjacks(lvl 56s) at a time and they usually drop 2-3 runecloth each. I also go there to kill the lvl 61 elite and picking on lvl 56 elite paladins and priests. I'd like to kill the lvl 62 but he's usually protected by 2-3 paladins and those guys heal each other left and right making it almost impossible to kill. 1 vs 1 I can take them pretty easily, even the paladins/priests with their healing spells which I just counterspell and silence them.

Jake's build is uses AE which is close in so he's basically trading blows and makes it only good for killing pirates. I fight from far away using Improved Blizzard so I hardly get hit except when I'm ready to Nova them again allowing me to take on higher level mobs. My build is pure AoE, 33 Frost/ 18 Arcane with Improved AE and Improved Blizzard so I can fight either way. Jake's build 44 Arcane/ 7 Frost which gives him more mana reg but at the cost of trading blows.

Edit: I had to respec 8 times to get the right spec for my mage. My next respec is gonna cost me 40g. Necessary talents are: Permafrost, Winter's Chill, Improved Blizzard, and Frost Channeling. Frostbite and Shatter are good too but not necessary. Definitely need Frost Channeling because even with 6600 mana, I could only cast 5 Blizzard and 2 Frost Nova. Without any talent points in Frost Channeling, you can only can 4 Blizzard since they will cost over 1500 mana per cast. Blizzard does 1200 dmg over 8 secs and with the talent points above would slow them down to 25% speed for 4.5 secs and resets every time it hits. If you put points in Frostbite and Shatter, then those also have a chance to go off every time it hits. Usually I freeze half of the mobs with the first Blizzard and then half with the second Blizzard before they even reach me. By the time they do, my Frost Nova is ready to be casted and I just Nova and repeat the procedure. It takes a little practice and timing but once you know how to do it right, you won't even die against 20+ lvl 54-56 mobs (if you can gather that much).

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  14. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ah, so Runecloth is about as common for you as Linen is for me right now, except that it takes a lot more of it to make bags.

Btw, how do you gather that many mobs? I know how to attract them of course, but they always run faster than I do and catch up and chase and stab in the back etc etc die respawn get corpse ARGH. Do you use your mount to do it? And how many HP do most mobs at your level have?

15. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I round them up by running around and casting bolts from my wand. They hit me, but they don't do enough dmg to kill me.

16. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    I use mount and have my frost barrier + ice armor on. Frost barrier can absorb 840 dmg and Ice armor slows both their movement and attack speed(plus with my frost talents they sometime just get frozen when I get near). I can easily gather up 15-20 before being hit. Most of the time I had to wait for them to gather up on me before I can Nova them. I just let them pound on my Frost Barrier until it's almost gone.

Most lvl 54-56 mobs have about 4800-5000 hp. I usually don't keep track but all I know is it takes about 4-5 blizzard (1200 dmg over 8 sec) to kill them off plus a CoC (approx. 700 dmg).

17. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    sounds pretty hardcore right there lol

Hitometer: 53,590,107 since 1995