Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

HC Bowazon advice...

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Moose, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    What should I do about a weapon? I am using a 5-29 bow with 7% mana leach, some AR, and poison damage. I think it is time to upgrade. My character is only lvl 19 in act 2 normal. I am going to lvl her till she is at least 26 before trying Durial.

What type of bow should I imbue? I am thinking that I will wait unitl I turn 26 then imbue, then kick his ass, but am not sure what type of bow to imbue.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate them. Thanks all!

P.S. If anyone has a bow that they want to unload please contact me!

2. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    Depends on which realm you're playing I can give you a hand. I occupy both east and west hc, so if you need a gothic, I can go find one. preferably on west because I just got my pally to lvl 51 in act4 nm, fast hunting. I only have a 45 necro on east, the rest are all try up challenging chrs like spearazon and zealot. so not good for hunting.

for a bowazon it is best to get 1 point in frozen arrow, should be your main damagind spell starting lvl 30. It seems that the ice will carry the arrows dmg. I always imagined that only the enemy stroke by the arrow will receive the arrow dmg and the rest receive only 20 cold dmg. But I was wrong. So if you get high lvl of pierce and only 1 point into frozen arrow, you can clear up areas faster than multishots, because each time pierce works, it splashes dmg on every enemies it hits, so one arrow will do about #enemies hit * dmg indicated. The draw back is that you can't leech or bat through the process. you will require to have at least 1 in strafe to bat back the mana. Multishots are still required to expand the effective area ie. enemies comes from and 45 degrees angle.

Valkirye is strongly recommended. As well as avoid. Dodge and evade are not useful.

Try to gamble greyform or twitchtroe. gre give resistances and dex, twitch gives dex str to save points for vitality and SIAS. Gothic bow is the way to go for imbue because the min dmg is just slightly lower than the chu's and the max dmg is greatly over the chu's. Get rare golves with SIAS and good resistances. Use a goldwrap for the SIAS or a good plated belt.

If you need help, e-mail me or post replies.

3. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I am on the east server. As I remember it (I am at work right now) my character is a lvl 19 and this is the way she has her points distributed:
    Inner sight: 1
    Dodge: 2
    Critical strike: 2
    Slow missle: 2
    Avoid: 2
    Penetrate: 2 or 3

Magic arrow: 1
    Cold arrow: 1
    Multishot: 5 or 6
    Ice arrow: 1
    Guided Arrow: 1

This is the way I am set up now, again, this is as I remeber it. I am wearing Greyform armour for the 5% life steal, rare gloves which gives me SIAS, snakecord belt, a 7% mana steal ammy, gorefoot boots, misc rings (nothing grand) and a gemmed helm (+6 to dex and str). I am a little new to the HC thing and am trying to think most about staying alive.

I have about 200 life and 60ish mana, dex around 70 and str around 50 (or maybe 80 and 60). I would like to imbue something that will deal out a great deal of damage, a gothic would be nice, only the req are pretty high. Maybe I will do a bow at 26 to hold me over till I get to the NM lvl and get my imbue, if I am alive, then do a gothic.

I will see if I can track you down on b-net. Then maybe we can see what is what. Thanks!

4. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    Maybe a rune or a large siege bow, but not a low war bow or anything of that kind, they don't do much dmg, you want a good chu or goth that you can use at lvl 25, somekind of -40 req or stuff so taht you can clear out CS several times. You want a bow that does at least 100 dmg if you want to play in nm act4 other wise you will waste a lot of time. CS is the way to go for bowazon.

Acctually I never worry about getting to lvl 30 because I put 1 into jab and you get there very easily.

Hitometer: 53,849,656 since 1995