Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Hardcore

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Jedsia, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Thinking of starting a hardcore char, possibly a trap assassin or bowzon (most likely bowzon since I already know what I'm doing). Does anyone on East play HC?
    or is it all you westies who play HC? I guess I could make a west account, i'd actually like to be able to join in games with people I actually know.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    for a while we had at least 5 regulars on hcwest, but now it's just me. i play at least an hour each day, on weekends i play a lot. my 16 mules are loaded with stuff too, so if you started on hcwest i could hook you up. i have lots of good bows (kuko, magewrath, skystrike, cliffkiller, goldstrike arch, lycanders aim) as well as other items. be very careful with your first hc character tho. you can almost guarantee that your first hc character will die eventually. for me it took 3 characters before i stopped dying. :eek:

3. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I'll be active on HC after my comp is repaired. Charly was active before my comp broke down, so when I come back I'll get him to come back too.

--Haite

4. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I have a lvl 36 HC character on East. 800+ life, and I'm working on my Battle Orders (I think it's lvl 8 or 9 now) and I have some stuff I could give you as well.

5. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    But hey...free handouts on west...sounds cool...hint hint

6. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm ready to start empty handed on east if you need to. I've a few weirdos on west, like my non-summoning necro and stuffs. Oh and I do have an ass and a bear that smash faster than a frenzy barbarian. No problem I can start a new account for new char, have to go through sc tho.

7. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    btw, anyone can give me a hand and send me into hell act5? I'm in hell act1 now.

8. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I think Mentos is the only guy who plays HC East now. Auto quit a while ago, and I haven't really seen anyone else in the clan who plays there. You should stay on West charly, Jake plays there, and I will too when I get my gaming compuiter fixed

Update on that situation: the retailer that sold my mainboard to me seems to be out of business, so we're gonna go back to the manufacturer. If we can't get an RMA from them then my parents said they'd replace it, which I think is quite awesome of them :D.

--Haite

9. Spike

Spike Banned

Market Rating:
    I remember when Haite used to comment quite a bit on how great D2 runs on the Mac with Voodoo5.

10. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    40-50 constant FPS at 800x600, no matter whether you're in combat or in town, it was always there, never dropped. I guess that means it was only being held back by the processor.

--Haite

11. aleldtritch

aleldtritch Peasant

Market Rating:
    i have yet to play a HC character that lives... and i've gone through about 10

12. Spike

Spike Banned

Market Rating:
    Yes it gets good FPS on a PC. It was and is being held back by the mac port, not the processor.

13. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Never buy from small stores that haven't been around for a while. A three year warranty wont do you much good if they close out of business after one.

14. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Just buy Apple, I've never had one break! (Knocking furiously on the wood look table that my Mac sits on)
    ;)

15. Spike

Spike Banned

Market Rating:
    That reminds me. I have never had a Mac break either. Even my Mac II I bought in 1987 still runs fine (well, I havent powered it up in two years, but Im sure it would be fine).

Ok, well, the floppy drive went out on the Mac II when I shipped it once, but I blame that on UPS, not the computer.

Heres to Mentosman not being able to get his PC working :D.

Hitometer: 53,585,754 since 1995