Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Guild Status

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by dcwilson26, Aug 17, 2007.

1. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I've been playing a lot this week because my work schedule has been really messed up lately. I've noticed that I'm usually the only person online these days. I haven't seen anyone but Eis come on and off and I even rarely see J. I ran a heroic with Shack and Fujin who, if you didn't already know, left MSC to join Onslaught. I'm getting really concerned and I'm just wondering if its because its just the end of summer and everyone is on vacation or going back to school. I'm getting to the point in the game where there isn't much 5-man content that can progress my character. However, I just don't have the time or set schedule to join a raiding guild. I think if we're gonna stay as slow as we've been, we should look into making alliances with other guilds (like we do with Drunk and Dangerous) so that we can still keep the friendly casual atmosphere as well as offering some higher end content for those who need it. Maybe we can work something out with Onslaught since half their members use to be MSC. :D

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Alliances rarely work. I run raids with DnD and you guys are always welcome to come along, but people keep saying no.

My character is topped out. I mostly play to help others now (e.g. running Gruul with DnD when I don't need his loot). I am still online most of the day, but on some busy days I don't idle so I can focus on work and not have to deal with incessant requests for help when I'm not available. BC has killed the market for profession skills which was always my main idling activity. When I idle now I just get spam from customers who want to waste my time and pay me nothing.

Most people in this guild are lacking motivation or initiative to do anything. No one posts events for stuff they need. That's not bad, it just means they don't want to play anymore. Or in many cases people have the motivation but not the initiative so they join a raid guild. I don't post events either, but I am fairly self-sufficient in this game and don't require organized help.

Shack and Fuj wanted to raid. I knew they left but I usually leave it up to people to post their own public departure threads if they want to make it public knowledge. People are sensitive about it for some reason.

This game doesn't seem very conducive to relaxed, self-help guilds like this one. This guild has become nothing more than a stepping stone on the way up to raid guilds. We have quite a collection of inactive alts and very few active mains. It's amazing to me how many join requests I get from people who are looking for a temporary home while they look for a raid guild. Guilds are exploited for their resources and are abandoned when they fail to deliver. There is no loyalty or contribution, only consumption. This reality seems so empty and leaves me feeling unmotivated.

(not smug)

3. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I'm finding myself in quite the bind. I don't post events because I don't need anything except Karazhan. I join events when they are posted, but the events never go due to lack of interest. I try to run heroics when I can but no one is ever online and/or have their heroic keys. So I basically feel like I'm guildless with a large friends list of people I chat with but never play with. I've never wanted to leave MSC because it has always fit my ever changing schedule and commitment issues but its gotten to the point where we are doing absolutely nothing. I don't necessarily want to be in a hardcore raid guild but I do want to feel like I'm in a WoW guild and not just a chat room. I'm saddened by the departure of two of our best guildies, Shack and Fuj, and I don't believe they are the last. I've been trying for the past two weeks to stay with MSC and yet fill in for groups who need people for Kara but I've only been successful once and the raid went rather poorly. With summer coming to an end and school beginning, I feel this problem will only get worse.

I'm seriously considering following my friends Firemane, Shack and Fujin into Onslaught so I can enjoy the game more than I have been in the last month or so. Although, I don't want to be looked at as exploiting the guild or having no loyalty. I feel that I have given a lot to this guild over the last 2 years and its really tearing me apart. If I do decide to go, it will only be with Agar and I will still check the site daily and sign up for events if they come up as well as quest with my alts, Morier and Tindomiel. I may very well have a decision by the end of the day. This is truly very hard for me.

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    You say you feel torn about leaving your friends but you need to do it to satisfy progression. What kind of game experience is that? Your end game is causing you grief. Isn't it supposed to be fun?

So many WoW players are griefstricken. Why do they continue to play? Find a new game or something.

5. ColdHeat

ColdHeat MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    The guild has really seemed to die lately, probably has to do with summer ending.

For me I start school tuesday and have been working alot to get some money in to cover the stuff I have to.

I try to get on when I can but I dont have as much time anymore and will have even less with school.

my schooling goes from 7am to 12:15pm then work will probably 5pm to 10pm during the week then ive been getting 8am or 12pm to 5pm or 6pm on the weekends. Im trying to get on more just gotta get it all together and back on track its been hard finding time to do stuff.

Hitometer: 53,850,193 since 1995