Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

guild activity, recruiting, etc.

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, May 29, 2007.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Please take this constructively. I am not targetting anyone specific, and I would ask you all to show the same respect.

I recently posted this reply to a recruiting thread in the private mod forum. This post illustrates my recent frustration and change of attitude toward guild matters. I think this topic deserves to be discussed so I am also posting it in the public forum.

So that's me lately.

2. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I'm one of those people who doesn't run PUGs and will usually only run with you Jaden. This isn't as much because PUGs are bad, but more because I don't really care much about the instances at the moment so if I'm going to spend the time, I'd rather do it as a guild (or at least with a leader I can trust). There's plenty of solo stuff to keep me busy during the little time I'm able to play. Personally, I am probably the least available person in the guild for runs because of my always changing work schedual. If there's an event that I can make it to, I will always try to go, but lately I'm never home during those times. Anyway, I think you're doing a great job with the guild. I joined, and stayed, because of the friendships I've made and not because we do runs all the time (which I don't do much anyway). No matter what happens, you're stuck with me! :P

3. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    It sounds like you need at least one more person willing to step up and take some pressure off of you. Having a tank being willing and able to recruit and lead 5-man's would go a long way, I think.

So who wants to help Jake out?

4. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Tanks are too stupid to lead.

*ME SMASH, ME MEAT SHIELD, CHARGE!!!*

5. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    It's not the class, but the person behind the class that makes a good leader.

Any smart warriors out there? :dot:

6. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    *** ME SMASH!!! ***

7. ColdHeat

ColdHeat MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I dont mind pugs at all. And the main reason i dont lead is because i dont have enough knowledge yet to feel comfortable.

I dont try to make you feel like im dependent on you but it is really nice to have you run for your uber DPS vending and the amount of instances you know.

I would deffently like to see a few more people in the guild on more often but its hard to find people like we have in this guild. Its the people in this guild that keep me here. I like were im at and im not leaving.

8. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm not asking for The Hulk or Mel Brooks' version of Frankenstein's Monster here. :freak:

9. KleaningLady

KleaningLady MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Smart? Doh! That counts me out...

But if situation lends itself and if I am asked to lead, I will definitely try.

10. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    "Do or do not. There is no 'try'"

11. shack

shack MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    i totaly seem like one of those ppl

LOL....man im totaly sounding like one of those ppl that we " train " on the 5-10mans back in the day that would leave for raid guilds for better loot...only reason i was thinking/wanting to leave was because we got so slow that i was basicly w/o a guild...i would really like to go on some of the things with other guilds and stay with msc/my good friends because ive been here the whole time and dont wanna leave because everyone in msc are pretty much the best players ive seen/played with

12. KleaningLady

KleaningLady MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    i understand where you're coming from.
    we are trying to get a karazhan group going soon hopefully. dont be a stranger and say hi time to time and run with us if you can too. we might be little short for 10man.

13. Baseera

Baseera MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Leading 5-man runs can be a life saver if you're in a PUG. I've seen plenty of bad pulls because the guy running the instance didn't know squat. Being in charge can make the difference between a good run and a wipefest.

I remember Jake saying that he hates people who get a group together then pass off group leader to someone else to lead.

That seriously messed me up. I was afraid to start a group because of that comment. Then, after a lot of PUGs, I realized that it wasn't any sort of lack of leadership skill on my part but a lack of knowledge about the run. After a while I began to make the groups and lead when others wanted to pass. It's even better when the tank gets to make the marts since he's going to be doing most of the pulling.

I have a prot warrior and a resto/balance druid (yeah, I respec'd Lum for my last guild...) and I'd be glad to run with you guys. I'm on most of the time on one toon or another. Right now I'm running on my very first toon: Smallquixote, and a new (level 46) lock named Geegnome.

Hitometer: 53,594,585 since 1995