Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Great Web Page

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MoneyShot, Sep 9, 2004.

1. MoneyShot

MoneyShot Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hello, I was reading the topic Girl Gamers on the WOW webpage, and one of your members added an image of her-self linking back to this site.

First Off.. Nice image Kathleen, your very attractive.

Second This site is very well done, what CMS are you useing? I would like to use the same CMS on a WOW site I am making. ( CMS = Content Mangement System )

Your site is very clean, organized, and well layed out. If this is something you created from scratch, Well done!

I will be visiting your site often, thanks for your time.

Money

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    It's my own CMS. I basically rewrote the site from scratch. I'm glad you like it.

Many people have expressed interest in my scripts. For the time being, I want to keep my customizations to myself. When you spend 6 months working on a new site, you don't want to just give it away... or sell it, for that matter. This site is a selling point for this clan so I want to keep it exclusive.

Do you run vBulletin? This site is tightly integrated with the vBulletin forum software.

Anyways, feel free to hang out. If you are looking for a WoW clan, keep us in mind. ;)

3. Unshra

Unshra Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Welcome to the boards mate and yup Jake is the man... ^_^

Ah Kat looks like you have an admirer, so any fan service. :p j/k

4. MoneyShot

MoneyShot Peasant

Market Rating:
    I understand, I have been doing web design now for about a year, I just started to use IFRAMES, but find them to be a costly shortcut, LINUX users often complain that the sites I do with them dont render properly. I dont like NUKE much, or any pre done CMS, that is why I asked about yours, because it was so clean and well intrograted.

I use phpBB for my forums. But I do like the clean sharpness that yours have, and how well your site and forums blend so well.

As for a WOW clan, I will keep yours in mind. I am a DOD ( Day of Defeat ) Clan leader now. Just visit my site for more info. And used to be a Clan Leader in DAOC a clan called the Pryde. ( should be a link at the bottom of this I hope. )

I have been in the Stress Beta For the last week, and am very impressed with WOW, I am looking forward to its release. ( Im guessing a Thanksgiving release. )

Thanks for the quick reply and invite!

Money

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Frames and iframes can be very powerful, but they will often cause problems with visual consistency between browsers.

Optimizing for all browsers is a pain.

Hitometer: 53,596,449 since 1995