Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Gold Farming (by myself, for myself :-))

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Alteren, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    it means that mages, for the most part, greatly exaggerate warrior damage in their efforts to QQ for buffs on the forums.

2. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    i actually did one-shot a warlock once

[​IMG]

3. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Fixed. :D

I've got nothing in my arsenal that will crit for 3k, as you did to that poor warlock. Most mages don't. Caster itemization < melee itemization.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2006
  4. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Since we are talking about classes...

<Start of rant>

I don't get all the talk about around the servers about how powerful warlocks are and how they need to be nerfed. Yes, they are super powerful against monsters, but against other players you can forget about it. Warlocks can kill practically anything 1v1 outside of the battlegrounds but you aren't just fighting someone 1v1. If you are a warlock and you are fighting someone and another warrior charges you, its over. Done! No chance! Say goodnight! Warlocks have no healing, no shield, no teleport, no crowd control, no armor, no reliable AoE (you have to stand still to cast Rain of Fire which can be interrupted, or Hellfire which injures you so whats the point?) and basically no fear. A warlock's fear spell takes 1.5 seconds to cast. When you have only 3500 life and 700 armor you are dead before you can cast it. If a warlock can avoid getting noticed while firing shadow bolts and dots on people, then a warlock is better than any other character. However, this is rarely the case. Its only a matter of time before people see that you are bombing people from long distance and as soon as they do, you are toast. In my opinion, warlocks are only good for PvE and against mages and priests. And to make things worse, the mana cost of all the warlock's spells are rediculous. Everytime I died in the BGs I had to recast my Demon Armor (which basically doubles my armor). That spell takes 1580 mana. So before I can even fight I either have to drink up or just enter the battle with 3/4 my mana pool. And in case you didn't know, here is the mana cost of my other spells. Shadow Bolt - 370 mana. Corruption - 290. Immolate - 370. Curse of Agony - 215. To kill a guy I usually have to fire 3-4 shadow bolts along with all my dots. So the total mana cost to kill one guy is anywhere from 1985 to 2355 mana. Given that I probably entered the fight with ~1500 less mana and a mana pool of about 5000, I now have only ~1200 mana left. So unless a mage has given me water and I am safe to run out of the battle and drink for 20 seconds, I'm as good as dead. But after I kill a guy, all his little friends run after me and I am powerless to defend them. So to conclude my article, Warlocks are nothing but suicide bombers in PvP. They can run in, kill one guy and then die. So in order for this to be fixed, Blizzard needs to lower the mana cost of all Warlock spells to at least close to that of a mage if not less since mages can conjur mana crystals and water while warlocks cannot. Doesn't it seem kind of stupid to have such a spell based class have the most costly spells with no way of replenishing mana? And don't tell me to get Dark Pact. It only restores 250 mana everytime you use it which isn't even enough to cast a spell. So you have to cast it at least twice everytime you want to use a spell. But we all know, you don't have time to do this in combat. And running away to use your Dark Pact over and over isn't worth while either since you pets only have a mana pool of a little over 1000. And since Dark Pact takes their mana and gives it to you, it will run out pretty fast. And on top of that, the pet itself cannot cast spells because it has no mana so your pet becomes worthless to you. Also, warlocks need an instant cast fear spell with an added cooldown. Right now the fear has no cooldown but has a 1.5 sec cast. This will at least give them some defense against an attacker.

<End of rant, I'm sorry if you actually read all that>

By the way, I need 30g to respec my Warlock again. :P

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Every class has intentional weaknesses. Citing specific weaknesses does not say much about the class as a whole.

6. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    the trinkets are actually super common on my server, everyone at least has the ZHC. (by everyone i mean every mage i've seen in a BG in the past 3 months)

speaking of warlocks - i have a screenshot somewhere of a guildmate hitting a 5300+ shadow bolt in arathi basin. i'm pretty sure he sacrificed his succubus then resurrected her with jumper cables for the extra 15% though.

7. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm pretty sure none of our mages have either one of those trinkets.

:cry:

8. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I guess my main point is that Warlocks need to be less powerful in PvE and more powerful in PvP. Right now they are very one dimentional.

9. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    They can kill me.

10. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Warlocks are fine in pvp, trust me.

11. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Stupid frigging felhunters.

12. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Quoted from the Warrior forums:

"My warrior is so overpowered, when Mortal Strike hits a mage, he has to ressurect twice: once for each half."

lolz

Hitometer: 53,814,161 since 1995