Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Gold Farming (by myself, for myself :-))

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Alteren, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Alteren

Alteren MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    I was just wondering what you guys think the best spots are. I'm trying to make 900g (800g if I can get rank 3 in pvp), and I'm at 150gish right now....long way to go :-).

Here's some of the spots I've tried.

- Tyr's Hand (The classic spot....but I can pound through elites quickly or consistently enough to make this worth it)
    - Fields in WPL (More specifically The Writhing Haunt....54-56 ghouls/zombies....alright for the money, but really no drops of any kind)
    - Soloing Scarlet Monastery (The best option I've found so far...bout the same as the WPL fields when your soloing with more drops and greater efficiency)

Anyone have any better ideas?

2. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Right now, the best place I've found is the Furbolgs around Everlook. They drop lots and lots of runecloth, and beads that you can turn in to the Timbermaw for rep. They also have a chance to drop blues, etc.

3. Alteren

Market Rating:
    thanks.

I'll have to try that.

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    WP is my usual spot... just east of Chilli.

5. Alteren

Market Rating:
    the grave area with the 50-52ish ones you mean?

6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Crypt farming ftw.

I get a kick out of seeing a warrior or pally trying to farm in the crypt. In the time it takes them to kill one group, I've AOE'd the rest of the building to death. :evil:

Let me know if you need any bread for your farming efforts, Alteren. Going rate is 8g/120 pcs. :D

7. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've been able to make almost 50g an hour farming Felwood for herbs... all you have to do is go down one side and come up the other, and go around shatter scar vale and the irontree forest for herbs. It's rich in Gromsblood, Plaguebloom, Dreamfoil, Silversage, and even Arthas' Tears - basically all the best things except black lotuses. Most of the above sell for 10-15g per stack, and I have sold for as high as 19.

If you're not an herbalist... dunno. Have you tried farming thorium instead of mobs? You might make some good cash with that, plus gem drops.

//edit... and I can farm the crypt as well as any mage with my warrior. Arcanite Reaper, Sweeping Strikes and Cleave ftw :)

8. Alteren

Market Rating:
    200 fud = 1g, k?

LOL :-)

9. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    O RLY?

Sounds like a challenge to me. I'll time it next time. (and then wtfbbqpwn you and your Arcanite Reaper) :drevil:

If you wanna race through SM Library we can do that too. We'll start at the same time in separate instances, first one to link a Doan drop wins. :D (....gets Illusionary Rod from bank)

10. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I would cheat and run past all the mobs to get to Doan.

YA RLY.

(and no luck on the linking... My warrior is on Proudmoore.)

11. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    they nerfed this, cleave uses two charges of sweeping strikes now

12. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    They all die in two or three hits anyway. heh.

Actually no... Reaper itself was nerfed badly when they normalized the attack power bonus for fast vs. slow weapons. They need to change it back to the old system :(

13. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    i lost about 50 damage with that nerf, it wasnt that bad. enrage however.. QQ IRL

14. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I was told to expect MS normal hits to be about 600 and crits to be 1400-1600. Instead I get hits for 350 and crits for 800-1000. Bah!

Being a cookie-cutter MS warrior really is all about crits. I make absolutely no rage whatsoever... then my normal attack crits and I instantly have 40 rage to blow on a MS or whatever.

It really is disappointing, though, to have spent almost 500g on the supposed "Best Weapon In The Game ZOMG" and still have less single-target damage than a shadow priest.

15. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Instead of sitting around for hours killing mobs for gold you should be able to lock in your character for like ten hours or whatever and they'll earn a certain amount of gold. Like signing up for the king's quarry or something. That way you can do something fun while your character earns gold.

You'd earn no rest exp credit and be limited in length of time, gold amounts would also depend on level. Higher level = stronger = harder ore = better goodies.

16. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:

I had never thought of that and it is really an excellent idea. We should mention this on the forums and see if it gets noticed.

17. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I don't know what level your mining skill is at, but at lvl 275 you can farm rich thorium. Each stack of thorium sells for at least 6g and every 15 or so Rich Thorium Veins you mine will yield an Arcane Crystal which sell for at least 20g each. There have been times when I have found 7 Arcane crystals in 2 hours. (about 160g when combined with the thorium). This is how I payed for most of my Warrior's mount, my Warlock's mount, and my Enchated Thorium gear (about 2500g total). The only problem is that the only place to consitantly get Rich Thorium Veins is the Eastern Plaguelands and that place is farmed like crazy. If you can find certain times when there aren't a lot of farmers, mining thorium is your best bet. Good luck!

18. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    haha who told you that? i bet it was a mage

19. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    What's that supposed to mean? Bring your Mortal Strike, biotch. I am not afraid.

:D

20. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I kill you with my stupidly overpowered frostbolt, unless you get 1 hit in, then I die. :cry:

Hitometer: 53,850,313 since 1995