Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

go to blizzards site

Discussion in 'Mac' started by Jakeman, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
  2. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    the faq

What is World of Warcraft?
    World of Warcraft is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG). In World of Warcraft, thousands of players will have the opportunity to adventure together in an enormous, persistent game world, forming friendships, slaying monsters, and engaging in epic quests that can span days or weeks.
    How will World of Warcraft differ from other MMORPGs?
    World of Warcraft will differ from other MMORPGs in many ways. One of our main goals is to ensure that players can enjoy World of Warcraft without having to invest huge amounts of playtime. Players will be able to complete quests and experience the world at their own pace-whether it be a few hours here and there, or week-long adventuring marathons. Additionally, our quest system will provide an enormous variety of captivating quests with story elements, dynamic events, and flexible reward systems. World of Warcraft will also feature a faster style of play, with less downtime and an emphasis on combat and tactics against multiple opponents. We also plan to incorporate several unique features, which we'll disclose throughout the course of development.

When will the game be released?
    We have not yet announced a release date for World of Warcraft. MMORPGs are vast and complex; we want to make sure that we take the time necessary to develop a game that will meet the high standards that our developers and fans have come to expect from Blizzard games.

What are the game's system requirements?
    We have not yet finalized the system requirements for World of Warcraft. As with our past games, our goal is to ensure that the game will run on a wide variety of 3D cards and at a wide range of processor speeds.

For what platforms will the game be available?
    The game will initially be available for PCs.

Does the game require a 3D accelerator?
    Yes, the game will require a 3D graphics card. Again, we will support a wide range of 3D cards.

Will there be monthly fee to play the game?
    Yes; however, we are still investigating our business model and have not yet determined what the fee will be.

Why isn't World of Warcraft free?
    World of Warcraft will require a fee to play. This fee will be used to support the costs associated with the high-quality levels of service, support, and ongoing content creation that we are planning for World of Warcraft.

How will the game be distributed or sold?
    Gamers will be able to purchase World of Warcraft at retail outlets, online sites, or directly from Blizzard Entertainment. However, in order to play you will need to sign up for a monthly account.

3. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    wOOt, I just hope the fee isn't more then $15...

--Haite

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i don't care. i'll pay for it whatever it costs. :D

5. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    *waits very impatiently for a release date* :arcade: :arcade: :arcade: :arcade: :barf2:

6. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I'll pay anything up to about $25-30 per month, more then that and it's pretty rediculous, $30 would get you any other stand-alone game.

--Haite

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    this is blizzard. they don't try to make money on their multiplayer gaming services. i'm predicting it will be no more than $10 per month... just enough to offset costs.

8. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Looks kewl. Until then Arcane Arena will have to suffice.

9. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    grrr... no mac announcement... i know that mac's are "second-class-citizens", but common if Blizzard gives us the shaft on this one,.. I will; KILLLLLLLLL

10. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    They always announce it for pc first. Then they have another press release about the mac one. Been that way for every blizz game. Just wait a bit.

Hitometer: 53,591,929 since 1995