Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

GeForce GO my ass.. mobile radeon!!

Discussion in 'Mac' started by Autolycus, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
  2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    The fact remains: ATI's drivers suck. And as of right now nVidia is making Detonator drivers for Mac.

3. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    well, i gained 6fps at 1600x1200x16 with the last update... thats not too shabby

4. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    The reason ATI drivers deliver lack luster 3D peformance is because they don't focus on it. You have to remember that ATI's main market has always been the 2D world. That's what they care about on the most. Have you ever seen a Geforce try to play a QuickTime movie at 2058X1536? It's god awful. I think it's a mistake for Apple to drop ATI. Many of Apple's customers demand liquid smooth, hi-res 2D and nVidia doesn't deliver. ATI and nVidia pay attention to different things. If you look at different ATI driver version you will see what I mean. 2D performace has risen. Granted 3D has as well, but it isn't quite as important to ATI. It think ATI's drivers are fine. :)

5. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don't think that Apple will completely Drop ATI unless ATI gets pissed at them. I think that Apple will continue to support ATI through the BTO option, because they know that people who buy their machines will have different needs although this doesn't necessarily hold true for Apple's past, but aren't they a new Apple? only time will tell

Hitometer: 53,594,631 since 1995