Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

gamer personality type

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jakeman, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I think I have figured out gamers. They all have compulsive egos (more so than non-gamers).

I went to see a movie at my local junior college called Second Skin. After the movie was over I was struck by the compulsive egos of the panel and audience members as we discussed the movie. It was like everyone had this uncontrollable urge to talk about their gaming. It was funny how the host of the event had to keep interrupting the discussion to moderate and bring conclusiveness to the things being said. Otherwise people would have just kept talking it up.

2. Wiezzen

Wiezzen Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'll add that a majority of gamers I've come across are incredibly ignorant when it comes to discussion about videogames in general. They immediately disregard any information towards gaming that they feel is an attack. Most gamers will verbally attack people who have done studies and collected evidence of how videogames can be bad for people.

It usually goes something like this:
    "NO! Those studies and just dumb! Gaming has no negative impacts whatsoever! Infact, online gaming even helped with my social skills!"

What bothers me the most is when they try to use a personal positive experience as "proof" that gaming is good for you.

Hitometer: 53,845,811 since 1995