Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Frailty

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jedsia, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Just saw Frailty other night, it was very good. But it is a little hard to watch (intense, espcially for parents). It does not actually show any of the murders, but it does not make it any less intense, in fact, it leaves it up to you to imagine what's happening by the reactions of the two boys.

If you liked Memento, the Others or Sixth Sense, you'll prob get this movie. If you like hack and slash with no real story and lots of action, then I'd skip this movie. You prob won't get it. It's very well done, and in the beginning seems a little cheesy, but give it time, it builds up nicely and has some very thought provoking aspects. It will definately keep you thinking, long after you've left the theatre and most likely a little chilled.

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    What's it aboot?

--Haite

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    memento was cool

4. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    oh hehe, btw, the basic story in case you haven't heard about this movie, is about a widowed father and his two sons. The father is visited by God and told he and his family have been charged with the destruction of demons, who happen to be in human form. The older son believes his father has gone off the deep end but is not sure what to do, his loyalty to his father and his horror at what his father is proposing become a struggle he must deal with. The younger son embraces his father's story, believing completely what is being told.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/Frailty-1113447/

i love this website, gives all the reviews about a movie and rates the movie based upon the number of good vs bad reviews. it gives you a good feeling for how good or bad a movie really is, because everyone knows everyone has different opinions, likes and dislikes.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2002
  5. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    even tho i have been previuosly ignorant of the movie b/c i have never heard of it, it sounds pretty good.... a movie you have to think about while watching...

i also just saw k-pax with kevin spacey... it was an excellent movie i would recommend.. no action but a good thinking movier that leaves the end un-answered

6. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    i like those kind of movies that make you think, but god supposedly comming down to tell a guy to kill demons in human form sounds extremely disturbing

7. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    it is disturbing. the whole concept is basically is this guy a normal father who goes off the deep end and becomes an axe murderer believing he's being guided by God, or, is he completely sane and trully being guided. Are the people he kills really evil? or is it all delusion. and the other end of it, the reactions of the children.
    it's very disturbing, and not a light movie. this is almost comparable to American History X in it's grimness. Not story wise, but the grim honesty with which the characters are portrayed.
    its a very good thriller also, but you have to go in knowing parts of it will prob make you squirm, especially if you are a parent.

Hitometer: 53,848,480 since 1995