Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

For the mages

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Scorpion, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
    Jakeman likes this.
  2. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    That's some very impressive use of the terrain; it's in the gray area for exploit vs. non-exploit. It takes the guy so long to kill the bosses though... wonder how much gold it's worth for him, or whether it's just to show off that he can solo them.

Frost ftw.

3. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    No way. Burn, baby, burn. :evil:

I tried frost farming as I came up. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

4. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I didn't say frost to level... that would be zzzz indeed...

but no way can you beat it for farming. A fire or arcane mage wouldn't be able to pull the same stunts as in the video... not by a long shot.

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Impressive, and definitely sploits I would say.

6. Delphiki

Delphiki MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Sinner and Oakan and I used Maraudon slimes as a similar fashion for grinding as Frost Mages....which is why Blizz nerfed thier xp to 40 now

Before with rested state you could pull four packs of four slimes for roughly 1200 xp each...run out and reset

7. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Frost is actually much better to grind xp with. I leveled my current mage from level 30-60 using only blizzard and it only took 11 playing days. Trick is to know where the prime spots are and just keep repeating. 60K xp per hour is about average for a frost mage since you can basically kill 15+ mobs easily (as long as none are ranged). It's equivalent to doing a quest every min or two which is the reason I leveled so fast (approx. 4-5k xp every pull). Check out the trick he use to kill the 28 dogs and find a way to duplicate it without using the sploits and you'll see what I mean really fast (well you probably can't pull that many but 12+ is easily doable).

8. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    I remember that one. Damn Blizzard always try to nerf stuff when people start using their imagination. They nerfed the DM east pulls too. People use to be able to make heavy xp and money in there but not any more.

9. Delphiki

Delphiki MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    If you watch closely when he gathers the dogs and they stop at the edge of the ramp he is sitting on (they go into Evade mode)....IF he was able to dmg them while they just sit there THAT is sploiting.....when he jumps to the smaller ledge the dogs run after him along the wall they can get on....technically thats not sploiting...

I used to grind the Troggs in Uldaman doing the exact same thing...get on the wall Blizz them while they try to run up and get me...fall down and keep blizzing them...was great fun, but not sploiting since they "could" get to me sometime.

10. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    At the very least you can say that the AI is dumb which allows for questionable tactics like this, whether you call them exploits or not.

...but I guess Ogres are supposed to be dumb. :p

Hitometer: 53,557,656 since 1995