Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Finally, no more L

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cowofwar, Nov 25, 2003.

1. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I passed my class 7N road test today so now I am rid of my old class 7L license. Which means I don't need to have someone else in the car driving with me. However I can't have more than one friend (unlimited family members) unless I have someone else in the car above 25 with a class 5 license.

I have to wait two years before I can take the class 5 exam. I didn't get one error on my roadtest, just one check for forgetting a shoulder check.

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Sounds like a good registration system. I don't always feel comfortable with the drivers around my high school...

3. 0111000001100100

0111000001100100 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Damn dude that kinda suxor...at least for me it would. I was the last year for my state where i could get my permit, then my regular license right away. now they gotta wait 6 months and some crap.

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    In BC it takes a total of three years to get your full license. That's if you pass, because there are waiting lists of three months to take an exam.

5. harleyb

harleyb Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ontario:
    G1, "learner's," have only passed a written test, need to have someone with five years of driving experience with you, no night time driving, obviously nothing other than simple city driving

G2, you can drive alone, but not on 400-series highways or on high speed residential roads like the DVP or the Gardiner Expressway, and you need a 0-blood-alcohol level, and you can only have as many passengers as there are working seatbelts

G, full license

6. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Pretty much the same as ours, but we have tighter restrictions because of all the retarded teenagers getting into crashes drunk with five friends in the car.

7. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    I need to send in some papers and then I´m allowed to drive together with parent or someone who´s had a license for 5 years.
    This is just meant for practice so you´re not allowed to drive someware, the purpose of you driving the car should be learning and not getting from A to B.

I need to take a few special lessons at a driving school and then I can make the tests. One theoretical and one practical. After that I have a full license.

I haven´t begun yet, I`ve never driven a car. I don´t really need a license.

8. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I wish it was harder/took longer to get a license here. Too many 16 year olds with full licenses get into trouble from lack of experience (or just plain stupidity ;)).

9. Azazel

Azazel Peasant

Market Rating:
    It took me about a year to get my licence, but it could be done much faster. I live in Norway here you need a theortical exam and three tests: driving on slippery roads, driving in the dark and driving on highways. Then you can apply for a final test and if you pass that you are done. You are allowed to practice with a person who has had a drivers licence for 5 years when you are 16.

10. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    Jaså, du är från Norge. Det hade jag ingen aning om. Kan inte ni erövra oss så vi kommer ut ut EU.

(I just commented on the fact that he´s from norway, something I did not know. He should be able to understand swedish pretty well.)

11. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    ja liverwurst :tardbang:

12. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    liederhosen.

13. KroeT

KroeT Peasant

Market Rating:
    One theoretical test
    One practical test
    Done

You can start with the tests when you're 18 though, and there are nice waiting lists (about 3 months as well). So it usually takes about 6 months to a year to finish. Roads are crowded here though, letting 16-year-olds drive would be suicidal. Not trying to offend any 16-year-olds here, but most of them drive like maniacs on their scooters. I wouldn't want to imagine what they'd do in a car.

Easier to break stuff (and pedestrians) when you're driving something huge.

I'm 21, and I have my own car (I own a French car. Sue me.), and I've had my license for 2 years now. I wasn't quite in a hurry ;)

14. Azazel

Azazel Peasant

Market Rating:
    Jada jeg forstår hva du sier :)

(Just commented back in Norwegian telling him that i understand swedish perfectly well, probably better than he understands Norwegian :D )

15. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    jake these crazy people are plotting against you in their languages delete and ban ok?

16. Azazel

Azazel Peasant

Market Rating:
  17. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    Norwegian is fine, but danish can be pretty hard.

18. KroeT

KroeT Peasant

Market Rating:
    I agree. I don't understand anything Danish folks say.

19. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I like to have a Danish for breakfast. :fist:

20. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    soy milk and granola owns u

Hitometer: 53,554,224 since 1995