Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Field Duty

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lurk, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I know we're kinda busy working on our Dungeon 2 sets at the moment, but does anyone have any interest in doing Silithus Field Duty? There are some decent rewards to be had. Just curious.

http://wowwiki.com/Field_Duty

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
  3. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well Wrath of Cenarius is the main reason to do it. The ToEP has no other stats either but I'd take it. The forums seem to indicate roughly 5% proc on this. +132 damage for 10 secs every 20 casts seems like it might be nice.

And the threat reduction trinket is intriguing as well, since threat reduction is essentially a plus damage modifier for ranged DPS.

Also it builds CC rep. If I ever start running AQ20 I will definitely want the Vaulted Secrets items.

Don't get me wrong, none of the field duty rewards make me :drool:, but they are not bad, and are attainable.

4. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    I have the Grace of Earth trinket and quite frankly, it doesn't seem to work as it's suppose to IMO. A fellow guildy have the ring and he didn't like it saying that it doesn't seem to proc as often. I was leaning towards getting the ring myself but when he noted this, I just abandoned trying to get it.

5. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    There isn't much in there I want as a hunter either. If you want help doing them, then I will help. Just let me know.

6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    /shrug

Doesn't matter much. And it is essentially a rep grind after all, if no one wants to do it no big deal.

7. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I'm going for exalted, so I'm down for helping with anything.

8. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    The exalted trinket works really good for rogues, at least from the ones in my guild. Since hunters are agility based like rogues, I think you might want it also.

All the caster stuff are crap and I was really disappointed. Think I spent 12 hours collecting what I've got and spent about 50g.

9. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    yea maybe but is one trinket worth it? I am so sick of grinding rep i could puke.

10. Fujin

Fujin MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I need to get some Rep anyways Im down in helping

11. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    If you're not honored yet you can still get rep from the regular mobs at the 3 camps. Just get a raid going and keep killing anything that pops. Also try to look for the Prophet(lvl 60 elite). She usually drops 6-10 Twilight texts each time and that really helps a lot.

You can also try buying texts but that's gonna cost you a lot. Another easy way to get rep is to repeated get the Field Duty quest to get the paper, wait for someone to kill the Abomination so that the papers get signed, and then turn it in and just trash the packet that you get. Also you can get more than 1 combat quests at a time. I've had 7 different combat quests in my log once. As long as the quests aren't the same, you can keep getting them. Usually I collect 4-5 quests for each hive before I go out to do them.

12. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I don't buy texts. I farm and sell them. 20 texts = 18g on Hyjal. :D

Although the last bunch I turned in to the hermit, trying to get a Signet of Beckoning: Fire.

As of 1.10 you no longer get rep for getting the papers signed.

Hitometer: 53,587,311 since 1995