Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Favorite Anime

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SpocKirk, Sep 8, 2001.

1. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? You show up here and start talking down to us in just about every thread you reply to.. what makes you so much more advanced than us? Last i checked we all had thumbs (barring any sort of accidents) and they're even opposable!

2. baragon0

baragon0 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Wow. Tough crowd.

I have to get back to reading netiquette jargon dictionaries.

3. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    You haven't heard of Hentai have you?? :P Seriously though, there are alot of anime with a more mature targeted audience than Pokemon(Eww.....It is revolting to even type that out loud).....If you truely want to say anime are for kids, make that assesment after you've read the ghost in the shell manga, nausicaa manga, or the plot oriented anime like Bersker(I like the manga better though), Macross. Ok, I do have to agree that the anime are tailored for a much brouder audience than the manga because of the fact that they are shown on TV. TV shows has to contain much higher ratio of escapism to interpretation since the current idea of entertainment is pretty much just another form of escape from reality. In fact, anime is just another form of communication, of expressing oneself through the multimedia(Let's hear you say that movies, musics, Dramas are just for "kids"), by making comments like "Anime is for kids" obviously meant that you simply does not comprehend either the intellectual, artistic, literatual value of anime, and it also goes to show how much of a ignorant snob you are. Ok, maybe I am going alittle too far, but it is descrimination, and unwillingness to understand that created culture barriers and in the long runs, causes events like Sept. 11. And.....umm....THERE CAN BE NO HONOUR WITHOUT PIE!

P.S. Since i just saw that you used the word netiquette, mind I remind you what it actually means. Think before you post!! If what you intend to post will not make a positive contribution to this topic, don't post it! Sorry.... I just had to say that.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2002
  4. baragon0

baragon0 Peasant

Market Rating:
    That's not the case in Japan, and that's what I base myself on.

So I guess I got your point. If I don't agree with you and make you happy, don't post.

5. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    -_-llll I do apologize for my rudeness but i swear filling out college application forms for 4 hours straights just bring the worst out of me. And note that I said "If it does not make a positive contribution". Constructive critisim about anime or my opinions are more than welcome, but a simple statement like "Anime is for kids" is not, if you want to make a statement, then supporting that statement is the least that you can do. Well basicly what I am saying is don't say stupid things that piss ppl off even more when he is already frustrated enough with his miserable little life. Again, I am sorry :(

6. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    If you followed that rule, you wouldn't be posting either, given that most people here aren't agreeing with you. :rolleyes:

7. baragon0

baragon0 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Heh, and I wonder why people call me a "rable rouser" on the internet.

Yeah, to be honest, I was just looking to see what reaction I would get, I didn't think you would all get so defensive about it.

ogopogo: Seriously, don't worry about it. I went out looking for it; I'm just having a hard time understanding the fascination of anime. In Japan, things are pretty much geared towards a certain gender and age and it usually sticks to that unless you have severe emotional problems. I only recently begun to get outside and see there's this huge fascination with anime (on the US West Coast and Mexico (They have an all anime channel there)).

8. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    That's understandable, what with the rampant grammatical/spelling deficiencies of the common poster

9. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    :rofl:

:D with SpocKirk.

10. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    For a half-an-hour time slot it only takes up about 20-22 minutes per episode. Forgive them if they try to stick a little dialog in every now and then. New episodes air on Cartoon Network next Monday, I'm too cheap to buy the DVD's and I wouldn't download them considering the size of a decent rip.

11. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    <evil guy> fight me
    <good guy>i will fight you
    <evil guy> taunt
    <good guy> taunt
    <evil guy> taunt
    <good guy> taunt
    <evil guy> charge up
    <good guy> charge up
    <evil guy> face grimacing, charge up
    <good guy> charge up, super sayan
    <evil guy> charge
    <good guy> charge
    <evil guy> i will destroy you now
    <good guy> let's fight somewhere safe where cilivilians wont get hurt
    <evil guy> ok
    <good guy> teleport
    <evil guy> charge up
    <good guy> charge up

<narrator> WILL GOOD GUY DEFEAT BAD GUY? HERE'S SOME SCENES FROM THE NEXT EPISODE

<evil guy> charge up
    <good guy> taunt
    <evil guy> shoot thingy
    <good guy> shoot thingy back
    <evil guy> omg fighting is hard
    <good guy> we are so beat up
    <evil guy> i will get you yet
    <good guy> come get me
    <evil guy> charge up
    <good guy> charge up
    <evil guy> taunting
    <good guy> taunting
    <evil guy> charge up
    <good guy> charge up

NEXT EPISODE

12. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yes. Because all hentai/manga is written with 8 year olds in mind :wtf:

If you look at the assortment of anime there are many different types geared to many different ages and genders.

13. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hey, I remember that one but they had an extra episode in between where his son went chasing a frog that took his pocket watch. :yeah:

Exactly. There are tons of adult cartoons made in America. It's just plain outrageous to imply that the Japanese don't have any of that with Anime.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2002
  14. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    :laugh: It can be that way, but it can also be quite deep.

15. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    I like DBZ. I grew up watching the original DB and while the endless "to be continued" stuff gets annoying, I do like to see how the characters have developed and changed since when they were little.

It's not my favorite anime but it's nice. Patlabor remains my fav. Tekkaman Blade was good also.

16. baragon0

baragon0 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Once again, you would know having been to Japan (the source of this) so many times :|

17. Disco Cat

Disco Cat Peasant

Market Rating:
    Since when do you have to go to japan in order to understand the targeted audience of an anime cartoon?

18. baragon0

baragon0 Peasant

Market Rating:
    The targeted audiance of an anime cartoon is Japanese.

19. Disco Cat

Disco Cat Peasant

Market Rating:
    When I said 'target audience' I was thinking a bit less general than that.

20. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    So you are saying that Hentai is for children?
    The target audience of many Disney Cartoons is Americans but it doesn't take Americans to appreciate their animation. Their films are seen around the world, just like Anime. Your logic is flawed.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2002

Hitometer: 53,937,133 since 1995