Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Explain your user names

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaeric, Jun 17, 2001.

1. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    What do out names stand for??

OK...As we all know there are some pretty original names for some of our clan members (hm...cowofwar anyone??) and I am asking where people come up with them...or if they have any special meaning(s). Like Gilgamehs i think told me that his is an ancient babalonian warrior...what is yours?

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I name all my characters after emotions (mac_Vengeance, mac_Wrath, mac_Hate etc.), but before I joined the clan, "Hate" was already taken, so I just stuck an "i" in :).

--Haite

3. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm Peasant

Market Rating:
    The explanation is in my sig. And it works now, too.

4. Zephor

Zephor Peasant

Market Rating:
    i was originally going to use zephyr because it sounded cool but it was nto accepted at aim so i had to change 1 or 2 letters and then i came up with the name i have right now which is the name for me for almost every service i use

5. Grizzly

Grizzly Peasant

Market Rating:
    Mine is named after a species of some big mammal whose name I currently forget...

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    when I was like 12 years old me, my bro, and my dad were playing a game called Delirium on our old mac. My dad totally owned us in score. When he was prompted to put in his name in the high scores he put Bunceman (our last name +man, signifying that he was the man ). Well, me and my bro have the same last name so we couldn't use that. So I used Jakeman and my bro used Sethman. i have stuck with that nick ever since. My bro has since moved on to ^sm@ck.

...because Jake is the man! :D

7. Zephor

Zephor Peasant

Market Rating:
    awwww....how sweet

8. Zephor

Zephor Peasant

Market Rating:
    I remember when it was Rayshar Grizzly. Now it turned to Q3 Camper even though you are not a camper and when you are, you suck at it

9. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm Peasant

Market Rating:
    Umm ... you did notice that his name is Grizzly, not q3camper.

10. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Your brother's name is Seth, and his nickname is ^sm@ck, doesn't that sound a little Southern, SmAcKdOwN-ish to you? But who am I the one to judge with a nickname that isn't even a word ;).

--Haite

11. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Sparhawk is a character in a David Eddings fantasy series. He's a Pandion Knight (church knight, Paladin). I remember reading a specific passage a while back, but I don't remember the details precisely. Something about him being noble and sacrificing himself that I thought was good, so it stuck.

I try to pick names that I can identify with. Two others I have used are Neutron (a heavy particle [because I'm a big guy] and because it's part of the bedrock of creation, which is how I fit into life. I'm the engine in the car, I'm support, not management) and blam, primarily on Hotline.

12. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    heh well, I have a phycho mind, so I just get into these names... I've gone by Riptor (angry and violent) BlacRaptor(smart and always people always asked me if I was black... I wonder why :rolleyes: :p ) I am currently known as S¥burwulf abroad (cuzz wolves are cool and I'm a tech guy) and Wulf here... (sounds almost Nordik Ya? :p ) Btw I will be starting a webpage for me artwork (online so it will be more stable than my old web page :p ) more on that when its up...

13. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Art work? What do you do?

--Haite

14. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    BaleFire is this wierd stuff in the robert jordan series "eye of the world" that destroys stuff and makes whatever it hit cease to exist from a certain amount of time in the past, more powerfull=farther back. I thought it was cool so that's where my name came from

15. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Funny how the same threads pop up every once in a while because people can't be bothered to use the search option.

16. Zephor

Zephor Peasant

Market Rating:
    oh hehe

17. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    just random stuff... my latest piece is semi-seen in my avatar... I am getting a site at furnation.com ... it should be up in the next day or two, but it will be hard for me to put up my work till I get a scanner

18. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Isn't it also the name for the source of all the sickness in the second Thomas Covenant series?

19. Zephor

Zephor Peasant

Market Rating:
    hahaha yeah it is

20. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    Mud, hmmmm. Well i was creating an account for Myth 1 for bungie.net and i was at a complete loss, till i saw the rain outside creating puddles of mud everywhere.

But more so because I liek story driven games , and some of the best story games are M.U.Ds

Hitometer: 53,942,523 since 1995