Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Expansion

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by JollyRedGiant, Mar 24, 2006.

1. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    I love how they are releasing details about new dungeons before they release the new alliance race. i feel the love...

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I read a rumor somewhere that several months ago it was going to be Pandaren until some reporter visiting Blizz accidently saw that and then leaked it, which pissed off the Blizz brass since they wanted Pandas to be a big surprise. So, Blizz changed to something else, probably Dreanei. If that's the case, it explains the delay while they code all the textures, animations, starting zone, etc. for an unplanned race. But, just rumors anyway.

I don't want it to be Pandaren personally. Not that they aren't cool, but everybody and their brother will want to be one which will only unbalance the population further on older realms like Hyjal. Alliance needs an ugly race like Dreanei.

Hellfire Citadel looks cool, it says low 60s will have access to it so we could be running it shortly after the expansion comes out. (Once the Dark Portal is open of course.) On the other hand, it's another orc based instance, and we've killed plenty of those in BRS.

3. Ellusion

Ellusion MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Hey now, leave my Pandarens out of your imbalance arguements. Besides if it is Dreanei the will probably be ones that has not been mutated by shattering of Outworld. With Dreanei supposedly being a stealthing race we will have another knockoff of Night Elves. Blood Elves looking like Night Elves with better racials, Dreanei shorter versions of Night Elves with stealth capabilities also.

Hellfire Citadel looks interesting but the one raid encounter in it is kinda turning me off, granted I don't know if it's between a 10-40 man raid yet. If it is a 40 man raid then once again non-raiders will not know the full encounter of the this winged instance.

4. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'd be surprised if it's a 40-man. (Wait, no I wouldn't.)

Raiders are already getting Naxxramas (Kel'Thuzad) right before the expansion, and the Black Temple (Illidan) in the expansion. They'll have plenty to do. Caverns of Time is also going to be raid, although not sure about size.

I'm hoping for a BRS style with Hellfire Citadel, with 5-man and 10-man wings. Kharazan is also 10-man at level 70, so we gimpy casuals with few friends get something to do too. :D

5. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:

I swear I'll roll a BE mage or priest. The racial is just too good to give up. Double silence..mmmmm.

6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yeah don't remind me. A built in mana drain + AoE silence. As if the stun resist, health bonus, regen bonus, AoE stuns, and CC breaker weren't enough. Gee, the racials sure are equitably distributed between factions. :rolleyes:

Draenei will get increased Jewelcrafting or something equally lame.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  7. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Okay so it is in fact rumored to be a 40-man. Blizz apparently confirmed at Blizzcon that Hellfire Citadel would contain a 40-man raid "encounter" (meaning more like Onyxia than like MC or BWL). The boss in question is Magtheridon, last seen being evicted from the Black Temple by Illidan in WC3: TFT. Haven't seen anything regarding the other wings as far as group size or content.

8. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    The other three wings are 5 man content.

9. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    New alliance race = wisp. kinda interesting, especially the whole perminent death thing...really dont understand how that will work practically ingame.

10. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    April Fools ;)

11. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    March thirtyfirsts

12. harleyb

harleyb Peasant

Market Rating:
    Look at the screenshots...