Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Everquest coming to mac

Discussion in 'MWNY 2002' started by Jakeman, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    i was like "wtf?" uhhh, ok, sure, that's cool. this game is what, 10 years old? still cool though.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/07-17-2002/0001765815&EDATE=

//edit: more info from IMG

wow, ****ing gay, screw that, it's all about shadowbane and WoW when that comes out.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2002
  2. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    yeah i am having trouble getting too excited about EverMac. the thing is End-of-Lifed and Sony is trying to squeeze a bit more cash out of the beast before EQ2 comes out. Sloppy seconds anyone? I bet Dirty Sanchez would take em...

3. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    nope not me, I'm not into sinking money into monthly pay games. $50 for a game is more than enough to spend on a game for me. I just can't justify paying a monthly fee, not with all our other expenses that are actually important.
    nope, be d2 for me for awhile, which is fine, I still havent found some of the real uber items (like mavina's diadem, cranium basher, valor...), so I'm having fun item hunting and trying new builds. NWN will be next for me, if I can run it.

4. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Being perfectly honest about evercrack, I don't think that it is at the end of its life. Sure, it is dated, and yes, EQ2 is on the horizon (so is another expansion of EQ - planes of power), but most EQ players I have been speaking to about this exact thing say they will not go to EQ2 for various reasons, including item decay, no zone lines, and no character transfers (huge issue for those that have had a main character that they have developed for almost 3 years). I think that EQ will be around for a good bit longer (I am guessing 2 years plus)

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    but for mac users to get into this game they will have to buy the original plus the 3 expansion packs... prolly $150 total. and for what? being able to play an internet MMORPG with only 5% of the players out there? prolly only 1 or 2% since no mac user in their right mind would want to get into this game given the initial investment and the cross platform incompatibilities. i doubt there will be anough mac players to fill half server.

6. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    I believe that it is supposed to include all the expansions.

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    there is nothing indicating that, it just says they are porting the expansions as well.

8. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
  9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
  10. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    *acts liek amnesia* Who am I? Where am I? Have I seen that link b4?? :confused:

Hitometer: 53,552,714 since 1995