Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

ESDF > WASD

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    discuss

2. harleyb

harleyb Peasant

Market Rating:
    No, because of the ridge on the F key. Definitely trips you up. Not worth the extra three keys, which aren't even all that useful when you have small hands.

3. Twerg

Twerg MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Why would anyone go to the trouble of changing from wasd to esdf?

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    F key ridge, put pinky finger to good use.

5. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Believe it or not, I use RDFG. Pinky does triple duty on ASZ. Lessons learned from PvP. You're not still using your number keys to cast spells are you? (noob) :p

6. Twerg

Twerg MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    There are number keys to cast spells?! Just kidding, but actually I almost totally rely on the GUI since not enough keys for all spells, trinkets, etc. Of course I'm not l33t like you guys...

7. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I just switched to RDFG and am loving it.

8. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Ummm. :uhh:

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I use the number row for all primary offensive spells. The only exceptions are the spells for my water elemental... I have his primary bound to middle mouse, and his frost nova bound to the tilda.

10. Kathleen

Kathleen MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    RDFG, shift the bird on the F bumpie!

11. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yes I love it too. Adds a lot of flexiblilty. Here's how I roll:

In actuality, I set D and G to strafe left and right, respectively, rather than the default turn left and right. I use the mouse to move most of the time (click and hold both keys to run, it's the default setting) and D and G to strafe when I need to. Even with the mouse, R and F come in handy to run and retreat at times.

Primary spells are on HNBTY (Fireball, Frostbolt, Arc Missles, Scorch, Polymorph), all easily accessible by my index finger. Instants/twitch spells are on QASZ (Blast Wave, Fireblast, Arc Explosion, Counterspell), where my pinky is. My mouse has two side buttons which are Blink and Frost Nova, my right thumb is on those. Middle mouse summons/dismisses my mount.

Scroll Up and Down switches between action bars. Action Bar 2 has alternate functions. For example, the H key becomes Pyroblast instead of Fireball, Mouse 5 activates my trinkets instead of Frost Nova. Sometimes I miss with this, if you see a useless Frost Nova from me in the middle of a fight it means I was trying to pop my trinket and messed up the timing on the scroll wheel. Happens to me more since BC, there seems to be a lag on the action bar switching these days.

As a fire mage, I wasn't terribly impressed with Arcane Blast so I didn't map it, and right now Ice Lance is my alternate to Frostbolt. Not sure if I'll leave it there. Usually my Rank 1 Frostbolt is my alternate to max rank Frostbolt.'

Lesser used spells are on F1-F5, I never used those to target party members anyway, which is the default for those keys.

All of these have the original number keys still mapped, so I could use the number row if I wanted.

Hitometer: 53,848,430 since 1995