Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Epic Armors

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Scorpion, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Epic armor for each class that you can get through a quest. They all start in UBRS if anyone is curious and this means that a 15 man raid is needed.

Rogue: www.thottbot.com/?i=22100
    Caster: www.thottbot.com/?i=24269
    Druid: www.thottbot.com/?i=25117
    Hunter: www.thottbot.com/?i=6430
    Pally/Warrior:www.thottbot.com/?i=6423

Hunter & Pally/Warrior quest is easiest to get. Talk to Abwee(baby blue dragon that's right after Rend) and he'll give you a piece of his scale that you take to Winterspring. Talk to Haleh in Winterspring (have to go through cave with lots of elite dragonkins) and she'll kick you back to WPlagueland (make sure to take off your armor cause I died when I landed in the lake of Scholomance). Go to Andorhal Inn and talk to the guy next to Chromie and he'll tell you to look at the book behind him. From the book you can get the quest(you can get both quests if you want but the mats are hard to get).

Rogue, Caster, and Druid quest is harder to get. To get the quest started, someone has to have 300 skinning plus Finkle's Skinner since it takes 310 skinning. Someone must skin 'The Beast' (that's his name; boss btw) and Finkle will appear and give the quest along with a quest item. You take the item to the blacksmith guy in Everlook (Winterspring) and he'll tell you to look through his catalog right next to him. From the catalogue you can get all 3 quests( caster, rogue, druid) for your epic armor. The hardest piece of the mats required for the armor is the hide from 'The Beast'(epic item and it's not soulbound). You don't have to have 300 skinning but just hope that someone in the raid does (besides you can skin the dragons on the way to 'The Beast' for some rare scales like Red Dragonscales and such).

Once you got the skinning knife you can skin the General as well since it requires 310 skinning to skin him. Every dragon after 'The Beast' requires 305 skinning so it's best to have a glove enchanted with +5 skinning in your inventory. I think this is the only place where you can get Red Dragonscales so it's best that you bring along your gloves in case Finkle's Skinner doesn't drop.

I'm currently doing these raids specifically for this quest and I dropped my 300 Herbalism to pick up Skinning just for this quest( skinning at 275 already in 5-6 hours time).

Jakeman likes this.
  2. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    If anyone finds out where the "new" hunter epic armor quests start would you please let me know? Thank ye mate!

3. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    ...was in the patch notes. The Shaman/Hunter reward armor may have out-of-date stats on Thott.

Thott confirms that it hasn't been seen in this patch yet.

4. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    That is because it is impossible to complete.

5. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Getting the last piece (Pristine Hide, Chromatic Scales) is the hardest part. Everything else is pretty easy to get in about a month's worth of raiding.

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I got the quest for that cap tonight. It is going to take a freaking long time to complete.

7. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Priest have an Epic staff quest now as well. Involves a lot of messing around in MC... sigh... but no skinning thank god.

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    So how's that going, now that you've had a month?

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I have:

2/5 stichings
    0/5 threads
    0/1 skins

I don't have time to do multiple instance runs every day while I'm in school.

10. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Obviously your priorities are out of whack. :p

Out of curiosity, is that cap substantially better than what you have now? Don't get me wrong, looks like a freaking nice cap, but is it enough of an upgrade to be worth the hassle?

On the other hand, it's one of those things you just want to have.

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    The only thing it has over my current cap is an extra 1% crit.

12. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    1% crit = 100 int. 1% seems to be very important because you'll really notice a change in your crit rate. Although crit is mainly for PvP, it's useful when you're raiding cause you cast less and do more damage. Also you don't want to be sitting down after every group to drink while others are moving ahead.

Hitometer: 54,376,694 since 1995