Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Ehhhh?????? wtf?!

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Onisama, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    :confused:

was looking around on Arreat Summit (Blizzard's site for D2X), comparing skills to see the changes (I knew frenzy, concentrate and berserk were getting damage bonuses, but damn!!) and happened to notice something bizzarre that I hadn't read about before. Perhaps it was in the update but I never saw it.

They nerfed Find Item!!!!!!? :wtf:

just a little bit, a maximum of 3% at the highest recorded level.
    What is up with this move I wonder? I think I must have been the only person to ever put a point into it.
    It certainly was never a candidate for a downward adjustment.

2. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    hmmmmmm,
    I think it might of been cause all the new items are going to be uber powerful and they might not want as many of them around like they did dump set and unique gambling

3. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Could be because they wanted to keep the drops down for the runes too...

4. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    you don't pull that sort of stuff with FI.

You get potions, scrolls, rings & ammys, weapons & armour. No gems (I am assuming you wouldn't get jewels or runes as well).

It is already extremely rare to pull magic items (except for rings and ammies), and there should be a clvl req to pull elites, so I don't see the Uberpowerful argument being too valid.

Perhaps they did want to curtail the amount of gold that could be earned via FI. Thinking that if they resitricted the number of drops, then barbs would be able to still get a fair amount of cash by pulling superior and exceptional items.

I'm just a little surprised that with so many other underused skills being left alone this one got a "downward adjustment". Don't think it will really change anything at all.

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    that just means good items are more rare, this is good.

Hitometer: 53,586,546 since 1995