Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Dumb Question - PvP armor

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Alteren, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Alteren

Alteren MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    I was looking at the armor sets today, and I noticed that the PVP sets no longer have the rank requirement to wear the pieces. Granted, you still would have to achieve the proper rank at least once to buy the pieces, but I just have one question.

Does this mean that someone could PVP up to buy a few of the epic pieces, never pvp again, lose many ranks, and still be able to wear the armor?

I have a feeling I'm wrong about that and just missing some rewording or new placment of the rank requirement, but I'll have to try for at least some of the blue pieces if I am right :-).

EDIT: I saw this on the official armor sets site. When I loked PVP sets up on thotbott, it still had the requirement labled clearly where I remember it being :-).

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Rank is meaningless now. As long as you have the honor and/or tokens you need to buy the piece, and you're a high enough level, you can wear it. Honor no longer decays, you keep it until you spend it.

3. Alteren

Market Rating:
    Thanks Lurk. It's as I suspected then. Once you are able to buy it, you can wear it as long as you want no matter how often you may or may not PVP afterwards.

Maybe I'll go for some of it, but I really want to just get this last stage (that I'm going to do) of sorcerer's buttoned up first.

I've got my
    1x Delicate Arcanite Converter (a completed one...27g buyout...I was pretty happy about that)
    25x Volcanic Ash
    10x Stonescale oil
    4x Greater Eternal Essence

I just need to get back up to 40g for this part. Then, as I understand it, there's a few quests that dont' involve paying for anything. After that, I think ti's another 40g, and then I'm set. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, before I trail this off too much....thanks for the answer on the PVP armor :-)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  4. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:

If I were you I wouldn't bother.

5. Alteren

Market Rating:
    I've debated this in my head many times. To me, the most dificult part about this is finding the pieces. I'm not saying that the rest of the chain isn't difficult, but I'm saying that "do a 45 min baron run" is alot of things...but it isn't random like getting or not getting a set drop.

At first I though, "heck, i won't even bother with sorcer's".

Then, it was "well...i won't go beyond the bracers"

Now it's, "Definitely not worth it beyond belt and gloves." That's where it will stay. I made that decision because the belt and gloves are the fine line, for me, between the worth it and not worth it of tier 0.5 at this point in time.

To be honest, I'm doing more than just the quality of the gear...which is really pretty good. The gloves are epic, and I've never had an epic on any character before, much less one I've earned myself. It'll kind of be like my last little "epic" accomplishment before post-60 blues blow it out of the water :-).

EDIT: However, yesterday I did just hit 59. I'm not going to blow any more money to make sure I have enough for spells at 60. If it's already BC time by the time I have what I need to complete this chain, then I won't bother :-).

6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well FWIW I agree with Cal. At this point it's probably not worth it to continue with the chain, especially if you don't have full Magister's. Since you're so close, go ahead and get your belt and gloves. The gloves are epic and quite nice for what you're doing actually.

The Tier 4 armor comes from the 5- and 10-man instances in BC, if what I've read is correct, so you won't need to raid to get it. (Actually the pieces are obtained like the ZG and AQ20 sets. It's a token system, you won't be farming for a specific class armor drop.)

7. Alteren

Market Rating:
    The definite plan is to stop after this stage, since my only real cost now is gold. It'd be a waste of the mats I've purchases though if I didn't finish out belt and gloves :-).

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    That said, MSC has the 45 minute Baron run on farm status, and it's the first step after you get the belt and gloves. You could just do that to say you did it, plus it gives good AD rep. :)

9. Alteren

Market Rating:
    We'll see. It's not exactly on the top of my list at the moment :-).

Hitometer: 53,586,159 since 1995