Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Down for 24 hours!

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Calendryll, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Last night, certain realms experienced a hardware failure that forced us to perform emergency maintenance. We were able to implement a temporary fix to the problem this morning that allowed players to log on to these realms and play. Unfortunately, players continued to experience performance issues throughout the day.

In order to apply a more permanent fix, the affected realms must be moved to new hardware. We have begun performing maintenance on 10 realms, and we will bring down another 10 realms later this evening. A list of affected realms is posted below. During this hardware upgrade, these realms will be unavailable to players. This extended downtime is necessary in order to fix the stability and performance issues that have hampered these realms in the past. Players with characters on these realms will receive a 5-day time extension for the downtime incurred during this maintenance. Also, we realize that some players may have been disconnected outside of a major city or inn. Therefore all characters on these realms will receive a full rest-state bonus.

The downtime is expected to last approximately 24 hours. We’ll do our best to provide you with constant updates throughout the maintenance period. We thank you again for your patience during this time.

Realms currently down:

Lightbringer
    Kilrogg
    Frostwolf
    Blackrock
    Doomhammer
    Kel'Thuzad
    Dethecus
    Uther
    Kil'Jaeden
    Deathwing

Realms scheduled for maintenance:

Cenarius
    Destromath
    Gorgonnash
    Hyjal
    Icecrown
    Proudmoore
    Ner'zhul
    Silver Hand
    Spinebreaker
    Tichondrius
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Annexx
    Senior Game Master
    World of Warcraft

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yep. I read that last night. Hopefully this fixes the problems.

But the servers were back online when you posted this. :p

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Nevermind. The site says the server is online, but when I login it's down.

4. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    From what I can see it's worse, specially with spellcasting. I have a 54 paladin on Silver Hand and was just in Felwood doing a quest. At least 5 times it was like the spells got hung up, definitely taking longer than they should have to cast and reset. I almost died because my heal spell didn't reset properly.

5. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Realm is back up. I can get on.

Hitometer: 53,554,192 since 1995