Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

diablo 3 beta app

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Firemane#1996

2. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    So a definite downside to the game -- with no offline version, we are subject to the "weekly server maintenance shutdown" as well as lag issues and connectivity problems.

3. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yeah the online only DRM has been the subject of a lot of angst among the community, particularly those who prefer single player. Personally I think the issue is a little overblown, but then I only played ladder/closed b.net with D2 anyway. As far as server maintenance is concerned I'm used to that as a WoW player so it's no biggie to me.

The tin-foil hat crew argues that online only is just a way to force people to see the RMAH, but I think that's a hollow argument. If the game didn't have other issues, the DRM wouldn't be as big a deal. Right now, it's just one more thing to say "f--- blizz" about.

On that front though, there's an encouraging post on the Blizzard D3 page today about upcoming changes in the 1.03 patch. Most of it looked pretty positive to me, so I'm hoping it's a trend.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012#blog

4. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    Finally made it into Hell. After being forced to tinker with my build to defeat Diablo on Nightmare difficulty I've come to truly appreciate what Blizzard has done with the talent system. Unlike the old talent tree system from Diablo and World of Warcraft which is static, the ability to hot swap your abilities I think has made for more customization, not less, and forces you to think about the situations you are in and which talents and abilities will most help you achieve your goals (whether it's solo or in co-op mode).

I've also started a hardcore character. Don't know if either of you have played around with hardcore mode yet, but it certainly ups the anxiety level a lot, even in early game regular difficulty.

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I love hardcore play. :D

6. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    I have a level 3 monk right now. I'm afraid of going too far with him because of the rubberbanding issues with Tempest Rush. But I guess if I die I can just start over...

7. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
  8. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
  9. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Which they used to be. Maybe there is some truth to the assertion that Vivendi/Activision ruined them. Made them too corporate.

What's really sad is that I can see the potential with D3, it really isn't a bad game. A few bad decisions (L60 cap, uninspired items with shitty drop rates, inconsistent difficulty curve) are killing what could have been an awesome game. They really should have listened to the community on why D2/D2X were so re-playable.

Hitometer: 53,551,698 since 1995