Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Diablo 2 1.10 (Wahoooo!)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Spike, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Spike

Spike Banned

Market Rating:
    Bill Roper gave the following info at a Warcraft III press event:

• The Patch will contain a lot of new content including new crafting recipes and runewords.

• Blizzard will continue to fight duping, hacking and cheating with the patch providing additional security against those actions.
    • The real sensation: There will be another ladder reset Only people who create completely new characters will be able to participate, twinking (the transfer of items from other, older chracters and mules) will not be possible for these character. It seems that it will be even impossible for old and new characters to play together in one game.
    • The experience system will be completely redone, according to Bill Roper a character at level 75 will already count as a very high level character. However the cap of 99 levels will remain.
    • There isn't any exact date of release known yet, expect the patch late the end of june to early july, which would put the release shortly after the release of Warcraft III.

Man, not being able to TWINK! That was exactly what I was looking for! D2 may get semi-challenging. Once this is released, I wont have to go 100% Ironman (think Ill just have 2 Ironman chars, and the rest these new chars).

2. Spike

Spike Banned

Market Rating:
    And did I mention no twinking for ladder chars? Man thats awesome :D.

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    That's sounding like a pretty nice patch. I think Diablo 2 will be the first Blizzard game to hit a subversion. 1.1x instead of 1.0x

4. aleldtritch

aleldtritch Peasant

Market Rating:
    sounds great...how much is D2 now? i think i have to buy another copy since i can't find mine

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    so my barb i've been playing for the last couple weeks will be left out of this new patch? [​IMG]

//edit: is there linkage for this?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2002
  6. Spike

Spike Banned

Market Rating:
    Re: Re: Diablo 2 1.10 (Wahoooo!)

Link to the article is on Diabloii.net. News Item there is 'Interview With Bill'.

Your Barb wont be ranked on the ladder or be able to join games with new chars. That is my impression.

And did I mention that it looks like no more twinking chars for ladder? Excellent!

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    so basically they're wiping the realms... i guess i'm happy about that.

8. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    No, they're just making a new type of character. Sort of like classic D2 to LoD D2. Old characters can't play with the new ones. And thankfully you wont be able to convert your old ones.

9. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    so old characters won't be able to utilize the patch basically?
    the characters I've spent hours developing are now gonna be useless and I basically have to start all over if I want to play with anyone with patched chars?
    it just doesn't sound right

10. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Um, if you could then everyone would tweak their character, give it hacked items and would defeat the whole purpose of the new system.

11. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    j00 guys are not seeing clearly, sit j00 fannies down and listen while grandpa Haite tells teh story...

Once upon a time Blizzard released patch 1.10. They added an option to create characters for the new ladder system, that wouldn't be able to interact with the old characters. Now they knew many people would be upset if their old characters were totally useless, so Blizzard decided all the old characters could stay and play in their own games, as if on a different realm.

The end.

--Haite

12. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    :nod:

complete separation of old and new characters (whether optional or not) is the same as wiping the realm and starting over. you can start fresh under the new system.

13. Spike

Spike Banned

Market Rating:
    Here is some more clarification that I read elsewhere. The only restriction is your character wont be able to join games with new characters created with this option. All characters will convert to 1.10.

From what this other person said, when you create a new character there will be 3 options:
    1. Expansion character checkbox (these cant join with non-expansion)
    2. Hardcore character (these cant join with softcore)
    3. Ladder character (these cant join with non-ladder)

So your current characters just wont be able to join games with new characters that selected to be a ladder character. This person said that eventually, when they reset the ladder again, they will convert your ladder characters to non-ladder characters, and it will start up again.

Noone is losing anything! You can do and join games just like you have been.

This is basically just how I wanted it to work. Hard to believe that Bliz could get it this right thou.

14. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well I just hope to God that it won't be hacked and cheats/dupes allowed in. But we all know it will happen.

15. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    heh, heh, he said fanny, heh, heh

16. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    You're right, it will happen, but they will be able to 'reset' the ladder characters anytime things get out of control. Hopefully the existing ladder characters will then just move to non-ladder, and new ladder characters can start over again.

17. Jakeman

Market Rating:
  18. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    Good news, but I'm going to BC for bike training early june. Would get back and work hard for U, probably no more games...

19. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    another post today:

linkage: http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/

20. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    More win win.

Hitometer: 53,591,900 since 1995