Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

deleted hero! HELP

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Oblique, Aug 13, 2000.

1. Oblique

Oblique Peasant

Market Rating:
    This is the story:

After having worked for weeks on a paladin character, my brother finally defeated diablo, on this mac, with his paladin. It was a glorious moment of triumph. However, when he chose to continue his character he was given a menu: normal or nightmare. Not wishing to confront nightmare difficulty yet, he chose to once again enter the world of diablo2 to discover his once proud hero had now been reduced to a level 1 weaponless novice.

How is this possible? Does starting again on normal difficulty after having completed the game always do this? I'd really appreciate any comments or helpful words of wisdom, as he is (understandably) very upset.

Although this hero may have fallen, he shall not be forgotten.

2. Dark_Warrior

Dark_Warrior Peasant

Market Rating:
    wow....i've never heard of it doing THAT before. i know that if the character file(s) are tampered with it's supposed to drop you back down to a level 1 weaponless baby, but not for restarting on normal....

3. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hm.......Something similar did happen to me once, but luckily i had made a backup before i quited the game so i can't really help you here.

------------------
    In the biginning Universe was born. This has made many people angry and was regarded as a bad move.

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    That exact thing has happened to two of my open characters, one of which wasn't backed-up. This isn't a closed character is it? If it is, then read the battle.net read-me on diablo II at battle.net. They say that they can retrieve your character.

------------------
    [​IMG]
    Wait a minute! This is grass! We've been eating grass!

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Are you sure it wasn't prompting you to make a new character? Try quitting the game and relogging onto your account and see if the char is listed.

Otherwise, I would send Blizzard an e-mail pronto.

------------------
    lamo mac boy

6. Oblique

Oblique Peasant

Market Rating:
    There is more to it. It was an open character, but he tried to rename it..
    problem solved but I REALLY WISH blizzard had let people know properly.

Thanx guys

------------------
    Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail...

Hitometer: 53,586,066 since 1995