Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Debating buying WoW

Discussion in 'Character Building' started by MisterHalleck, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    i've never had any problems tanking, you get an extra 10% armor from items, which really doesnt amount to much more damage reduction at all(it's around 600 extra armor for a level 60 with high-end instance gear). An arms build can tank just as well as a protection build, it just requires more activity on the player's part.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Have you ever played with Cinhil? He is Succubi's friend, and he has been our tank in a few instance runs. He says he is Arms / Fury with sword and shield, and he tanks pretty good.

I don't know how much of a difference a Protection spec would make.

3. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Okay, sounds good to me. Auto I know you're spec'ed for PvP, but do you think you could post a modified form of your build suited to a PvE server? I'd like to start comparing Arms/Fury builds.

4. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    i could PM it to you, it's not a lot different than the cookie cutter arms/fury i'm seeing lately, but there's a few minor adjustments i made to suit my style better. The difference between arms and protection is this - the arms build for pvp and pve are both exactly the same, and there is no pvp protection build. there's very few situations where a protection spec tank will make a difference over an arms spec, and that's high end raid content (onyxia, molten core) where people dont like the mob's debuff slots to be taken up by deep wounds (the talent that adds DoT when you crit) when they could have curse of doom on there, etc. All that means for me, is i'm on whelp duty and babysitting casters (which is a full time job, believe me) rather than staring down onyxia's throat. Any other instance i can main tank with ease, especially with the recent "toning down" of the big 3.

5. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Could you please PM me? I found the "cookie cutter" Arms/Fury build on the WoW Warrior forum.

Hitometer: 53,935,606 since 1995