Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Death Knights are OP

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Wiezzen, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Wiezzen

Wiezzen Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well, Blizzard really ****ed up this time. Death Knights are completely OP and are gods in PVP. Yesterday, I was at Venture Bay to complete some of the daily quests there, the bay however was under Horde control at the time, I had to take it complete a quest. I slayed some Horde there solo, a few level 80s, and some lower levels which where no trouble at all. And then, a level 74 Death Knight attacks me and owns my ass in a battle that lasted less then 10 seconds. We where both at full health! It's a joke, considering even the point I was 6 levels higher then him I should have pwned him in 3 hits. I got my ass kicked and he walked away with 50% of his health.

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    PvP is about not letting your opponent use his/her abilities. I think people are still learning how to counter DKs. I'm not saying I know how you could have beaten him, only that it may require a departure from your usual strategy and/or tactics.

With that said, if anyone can figure out how a mage is to beat an unholy specced DK with their pet and their tons of magic damage mitigation, let me know.

On a related topic, plate classes and healing classes (and classes that are both) should have no gear set and no talent build that allows their damage output to approach that of a mage or rogue. It's diminishing the game in both PvP and PvE. Period.

3. Ellusion

Ellusion MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I'm gonna start off be saying my DK is Frost and specced for tanking, just recently got to the magic number of 540 def. I haven't PvP much except for a few Wintergrasp games.

Now to PvP if you can silenced them you would be able to take away half of our abilities like diseases which add more damage to our strikes without them they don't hit as hard and our damage reducing abilities like Icebound Fortitude and Anti-Magic Shell.

I've ran into a pretty nasty Shadow Priest that had his Shadow Word: Pain tick for 1k even with the craftable PvP gear on/

I could be wrong though I've only been silenced in dungeons and trying to apply diseases. I hope that helps a little.

I would PvP more but the battlegroup I'm on doesn't seem to be to many 80 alliance we are always outnumbered 2 to 1. So I'm waiting for the odds to be a little more even before I try again.

4. Wiezzen

Wiezzen Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've talked to some others who are playing Death Knights about their opinion, most of the ones I've talked have agreed that their class is OP in both PVP and PVE. I imagine a nerf will be coming soon to balance them or the new battleground gear will balance it out, for PVP at least. But you have to agree that something is wrong when a Death Knight tank is topping the DPS charts in heroic instances.

5. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I've yet to lose to a DK in heroic or raid. Now ret pallies on the other hand...

6. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Silencing an Unholy DK would do nothing and silence only lasts a few sec anyways. If you ever played an Unholy DK you would know that their pet ghoul is like a warlock's felguard. Plus they have talents to reduce dmg (bone shield + magic suppression) and can cast anti-magic zone to reduce magic dmg even further.

I think the main reason DKs are so OP in PVP is because Death Strike. I recall getting up to 6k heals even though I'm critting for only 3k (Blood Spec'd). I've solo'd elite mobs with 100k hp easily because of the heals. All that I need to do is spam DS and Rune Tap if it's up, not to mention blood worms. Diseases do add to dmg but usually they use up either a Frost rune or an Unholy rune which makes it 1 less DS = 1 less 1.5k-6k heal. Unholy DKs can spec so that Blood runes are Death runes which means they can spam DS for quite a while.

My guildmates were saying that DKs are really OP for leveling but PVP they are only average or a little above average. Locks still kicks ass and so are boomkins (heals + 10k crits are OP imo).

7. Ellusion

Ellusion MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I don't know who told you that but it's a bold face lie either that or I suck at tanking. Maybe I do suck but I have always been 4th in DPS as I should be when tanking or my DPS is being carried and that should not be happening.

Soloing yea sure we do well but so can pallies and druids nothing new. Everything I can do on my DK I can do on my pally.

Like I've said before alliance are outnumbered in BG's in my Battlegroup so I have not had very much PvP experiences. So I can't comment on that part of the game.

Hitometer: 53,721,194 since 1995