Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

D2 Expansion

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by DunAzrael, Sep 22, 2000.

1. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    ?????
    I have heard rumors that you will only be able to play the expansion as a seperate game, more like a sequel than an expansion. Blizzard said they may not be able to format it so it will hold both normal d2 characters(paladin,barb,sorc,necro,amazon) and
    the expansion characters(Assasin and the Druid). If this occurs, only the normal characters may play together and only the expansion characters can play together. [​IMG]

IF anyone has any ideas about this reply to this, or email me. Dun_16@hotmail.com

------------------
    "Authority: Hate it, Fear it, Deny it, Fight it."

2. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I had the impression that once you installed the expansion set and went onto battle.net that you can play your normal characters, but upon entering a game that involves the expansion set the character type changes and can only be played in expansion games. This is the way I read into it.

------------------
    Gravity is a harsh mistress!

3. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Wouldn't it be set up like Brood Wars? A seperate bnet? Everyone who installs the expansion should be able to play their orginal characters, but under the expansion changes. At least that's what I gathered. And anyone without the expansion would still play D2 bnet?

------------------
    "A woman scorned, is a woman you should run away from rather quickly"

Hitometer: 53,552,684 since 1995