Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Curator Strat Brainstorm

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by JollyRedGiant, Jul 23, 2007.

1. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    Ok, I thought I'd start this thread so we can try to figure out a strat that would hopefully work for our group before we get to him again. A couple things I thought of that might help:
    -Agar starts off where he is tanking Curator so we can already be set up when the fight starts.
    -All DPS be at your max range on Curator and spread out to avoid chain shocks. Healers stand at max range on Agar (I think Pally's are 40 yrds too).
    -Dampen magic on everyone but Agar.
    -get any arcane resist gear w/o severely decreasing DPS/healing, especially OT for soaking up Hateful Bolts. (i can make a ring and neck)

If you guys have anything that might help post it and we can try to hammer out a strat for the next attmepts.

Oh, and I've said this before but I'm out of town until about 8 PM on Sunday, so if someone will lead the run on Saturday you can at least go, and if you guys can make a later run Sunday then I can help heal you guys :D.

2. Delphiki

Delphiki MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Arcane resist helps a little bit on this fight, but it would prolly be much better if you have over 8k health buffed and maintain your dps gear.

Have dps chase and hammer down the orbs that spawn ASAP there are usually 7 between each Evocation. During Curators Evo he takes an enormous amount of dmg MAKE to dps him then.

We usually have the healers stand right at the wall when you enter the hallway and the tanks stand up the hall, ranged dps on the sides of the hall. This gives melee the room to chase the orbs up and down the hallway

Priests can send in their fiend and get almost a FULL mana bar so conserve mana til the second evocation and try your best to keep everyone healed after that

3. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Also, make sure all your warlocks cast Curse of Doom 55 seconds before each evocation. It helps in a huge way. If you are having issues with DPS on the sparks, have everyone but the tank and Hateful bolt eater make a '/tar Arcane Spark' macro, that way everyone can jump on it as soon as it spawns. The best way we have found to deal with the sparks is to do that, and also to have a melee dpser try to head them off, as to make healing easier. As you get more geared up and can DPS harder, wear less resistance gear and more DPS heavy gear, as with the right group and gear you can have him either dead or darn close by the second evocate.

4. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    Yea, we have bad luck with the drops that we getting being for classes we don't have :(. We got him to 57% our best attempt w/o being very coordinated or having any resistance gear at all.

5. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    He doesn't really hit me very hard (most i saw was around 2200). After each death I would look at my combat log and every time I died, it was because I was receiving 4 or 5 attacks by the sparks as well as the boss. As long as the sparks stay under control, healing the MT shouldn't be a problem.

6. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Sparks should never ever EVER be near the MT and Hateful bolt soaker. Ever.

You have your ranged go all out on sparks every time they pop out, and if you have a spare dps warrior or druid, they taunt it to keep it in the middle of the room, away from anyone else as long as possible. Each spark should be dead at MOST 7-8 seconds after it spawns. If not, then you need to sit your DPS down and tell them to stop watching TV during the raid :P

Edit: to put it into perspective, with my character I can (with a good Scorch crit streak) solo one spark in about 6 seconds.

Hitometer: 53,552,774 since 1995