Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

cool but sad

Discussion in 'Mac' started by SpocKirk, Apr 8, 2005.

1. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    I was recycling some copper at a metal yard called Sims Metal in Stockton, CA and I noticed they had an area with pallet-upon-pallet of Mac tower cases. I asked the guy that was weighing my copper if it was possible to get one for myself. He said that Apple has a contract agreement with them that states that they can't resell or give the cases away. He figured there was a defect in them, because they were still new. It looked like there was still wiring in the cases, either for the fan or maybe the power supply, too.
    Curses!!

BTW, I get small scraps of wire from my job. I also had a guy who works with me give me some scrap feeder wires (big wire, 600 kcmils) from an earlier job because he was too lazy to strip it. stripped wire was going for $1.25/pound today, but I got $1.30 a few weeks ago. In total, I've recycled 300 pounds of wire, for a total of $360. not bad for an untaxable bonus!

2. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    :(

I dont know how possible it would be, but I want to take a dead Mac case and stick my P4 in it, skinned with a Mac theme. Apple cases are soooo much cooler than any g4m3r neon-light rig out there.

Probably not, because I doubt Apple uses ATX cases.

3. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    The Lian-Li PC-V1000 looks almost as cool as a G5.

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Their quality is on the same level as well. Well designed cases and good construction.

Hitometer: 53,586,595 since 1995