Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Console networking

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by SpocKirk, Apr 30, 2005.

1. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    I have one of each next-gen console, and I was wondering what kinds of things you can do with them over a network. I am thinking mostly of the X-box (because of the hard drive), linking it with a regular computer to transfer files to the X-box (mpeg, DivX, MP3).

I saw a filestreaming program at GameStop that was for PS2, but my friend that works there said it didn't work very well.

Anyone know anything about this?

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    My last console was a NES. I am out of touch. :eek:

3. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Replace the hard drive on you X-box with a bigger one and buy a mod chip. Replace the bios and dashboard on it then. You can use it as a regular computer almost, watch movies you download, download mp3s, back up games (or copy them), put oldstyle nintendo, sega, etc games on it to play. You can find all the info you need to do this at http://www.xbox-scene.com/ In order to use xbox online though you have to cut the modchip off and play it in its regular state or you will be banned. Totally worth doing all this though. I did it to mine and couldnt be happier with it.

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I bought an xbox but never got into it. Consoles are fun for parties and with a bunch of people but suck when you don't have anyone with whom to play.

My brother currently has it.

Although I know you can stream movies to your xbox from your computer and mod it so you can play emulation.

Hitometer: 53,555,905 since 1995