Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Comments from other players

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Moose, Oct 12, 2000.

1. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I just thought that you all might like to know that while I was playing last night there were a few people in the game I was in that complimented our clan for our style of play. A number of people said that they have played in games on the East server (sorry west, your just not as good I guess) with members of our clan and that we have been polite and enjoyable to play with. I also made sure that they were not speaking about mAc and one individual informed me that he felt that the person he has played with from that clan was an *** and thanked me for clarifying the mAc vs mac thing. So i guess that we are doing something right! Oh, the specific names they mentioned were olon97, wulf2, moose (of course), and challenge-r.

------------------
    I just do what the voices in my head tell me...

2. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think this is really great. I haven't had the opportunity to play with all of the folks listed above (my fault, not on BNet often enough), but whenever I've been in a clan game they have been much more fun than public games.

btw, sort of unrelated question.
    Who's mac_Grothin?
    Account name Parapdrapa

I've seen him around, but doesn't seem to be on the clan member list.

thanks

3. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    I am nice too... I swear I am... I just play late at night with people that don't speak english... And who keep asking to see my sword... then trying to trade for it... then chasing me around like headless chickens whenever I am in town... then following my through my tp... then dying because the monsters are hard... then dying again trying to get their body back... then getting double corpsed... then dying again trying to get all their items that are strewn about their dead body... then telling me in broken english that I took something... then going hostile on me... then realizing that I didn't take anything... then leaving the game... ALL I WANT IS TO KILL THINGS... why don't they understand that... (deep sigh)

Kalg

This is a completely true story... happened to me last night...

4. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Clan games are more fun than public games, but there is nothing wrong with keeping up good public relations.

BTW, the clan listing hasn't been updated recently. If someone puts a "mac_" tag on their character, I think you should pretty much take them at face value.

Oh, and challenge-r isn't actually in the clan, although he seems to default to our channel and play with us a lot. Case in point of good public relations. If you meet someone trustworthy and friendly (who speaks english preferrably), then that's one more good person all the clan members might enjoy playing with.

I've invited several friends who I've met in public games into clan games, and none of my fellow clan members have objected (more xp for all of us eh?)

5. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    BTW Kalg.... ROFL!!! I totally know where you're coming from. Although I run into the clueless Koreans more often early in the morning if I get an early start.

6. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kalgareth:
    I am nice too... I swear I am... I just play late at night with people that don't speak english... And who keep asking to see my sword... then trying to trade for it... then chasing me around like headless chickens whenever I am in town... then following my through my tp... then dying because the monsters are hard... then dying again trying to get their body back... then getting double corpsed... then dying again trying to get all their items that are strewn about their dead body... then telling me in broken english that I took something... then going hostile on me... then realizing that I didn't take anything... then leaving the game... ALL I WANT IS TO KILL THINGS... why don't they understand that... (deep sigh)

Kalg

This is a completely true story... happened to me last night...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That has happened to me a few times, except I have an axe. I pretty much hate playing with some people. I find that the Australians are a good group to play with and I try to avoid getting into games with people that don't speak english. There is nothing wrong with them, but i enjoy being able to read the dialog that is going on and not just see the chatter.

------------------
    I just do what the voices in my head tell me...

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    If you guys are around lvl 30-ish, do you want to get a game going some night...? I usually start about 9pm, and no one is in the channel, so I start a game by myself...*sigh*

It would be fun to kill things with all of you some night...My poor little paladin is only lvl 31, but would love the help of some greater being...

8. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kalgareth:
    I am nice too... I swear I am<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

true enough Kal, you (and Auto) are also nice.
    Though I have noticed both of you killing other players (repeatedly) whenever I'm in a game with either of you [​IMG]

On friends in clan games, the more the merrier. Though with more I tend to do my suicidal death dance more often. I don't like asking people to clear a path to my body [​IMG]

On Grothin. I was just wondering. Been in conversations and games with said person and their attitude (towards me) bordered on rude (snatching up items I had put on the ground momentarily and running away with them, laughing at my misfortune, etc.). Just wondered if it was a clan member I somehow offended or what the story was.

later

[This message has been edited by Onisama (edited 10-12-2000).]

9. Zitta

Zitta Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm nice too. I'm nice too!! I plat fair, share the loot, don't loot other players corpses, help them get their body back, give away stuff for free, help out weaker players.
    The Koreans are a mixed bag. My negative experience is when they ask to see all my equipment then try to pk me. But then there are plenty of US jerks as well.
    I've been to multiplayer games when we didn't even have to converse, everyone knew what to do.

------------------
    It's too bad she won't live, but then again who does...

10. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gilgamesh:
    If you guys are around lvl 30-ish, do you want to get a game going some night...? I usually start about 9pm, and no one is in the channel, so I start a game by myself...*sigh*

It would be fun to kill things with all of you some night...My poor little paladin is only lvl 31, but would love the help of some greater being...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm getting cable modem tomorrow, which means I'll be on BNet more often [​IMG]

My barb is only a little ways behind you 25-28 or so, can't remember. Would be happy to hook up with you and beat up on some stuff.

You east or west?

11. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zitta:
    I'm nice too. I'm nice too!! I plat fair, share the loot, don't loot other players corpses, help them get their body back, give away stuff for free, help out weaker players.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry zitta, I've never had the pleasure of being in a game with you that I recall. [​IMG]

of course I am not nice. I'm a big loser. I die a lot, ask for freebies too often, offer no help, lure other people into traps, whine and moan, don't know my a** from a hot rock and I die a lot. [​IMG]

did I mention that I die a lot??

just kidding, I hope I'm a decent person to play with. Just really lagged.

As for folk from other countries, I don't think I've ever had the experience. Stupid Question time: How do you tell you're playing with Koreans for example? Do they type in Korean?

12. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ethnic steriotyping [​IMG]
    Oh, that and several times when I'm on at 8am EST someone will type "I AM KOREAN". That helps too.

13. Zitta

Zitta Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yo Onisama, I'm mainly on west but east too sometimes. When west gets hopelessly lagged (every Friday, i guess). I look you up next time and we can die together.

------------------

14. Zitta

Zitta Peasant

Market Rating:
    Oh yeah, I got a 20 amazon on east and a 52 ama and 16 necro on west.

------------------

15. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I dont kill people often, i will however defend myself when pks come after me. i like to duel, nothin wrong with that [​IMG]

------------------
    [​IMG]
    BAD MONKEY

16. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    hey im nice too!!! cept to lollygaggle....

17. Nhoj Uhc

Nhoj Uhc Peasant

Market Rating:
    You know.... I wish the Diablo world were bigger like Everquest... Its getting boring killing the same damn creatures over and over.. They should include some other game like capture the carver or something... Sigh... Or maybe special competing missions to get mephisto's bong or something... IDUNNO.

18. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Garsh... huyuk they said I was nice YAY heheheh I am glad that I put my best face forwasrd... cuzz sometimes I can be a really smart *** ( just check some of my posts on the clan-mAc boards heh) Btw who was saying I was nice... maybe I will give them tarn (j/k) heh that is awesome news man thanks

------------------
    Okay I pulled the pin...
    NOW WHAT?

19. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wulf:
    Garsh... huyuk they said I was nice YAY heheheh I am glad that I put my best face forwasrd... cuzz sometimes I can be a really smart *** ( just check some of my posts on the clan-mAc boards heh) Btw who was saying I was nice... maybe I will give them tarn (j/k) heh that is awesome news man thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I'm on US EAST...and I'm very nice...keep giving up the loot, split 50-50...

20. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    That's awesome that we have that reputation. I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm getting a reputation on USWest too. I always go to the "free stuff" game and give all the low levels my hell act 4 stuff. hehe!

------------------
    lamo mac boy

Hitometer: 53,853,280 since 1995