Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

CodeWarriorU

Discussion in 'Programming' started by gekko, Feb 26, 2001.

1. gekko

gekko Peasant

Market Rating:
    Anyone who wants to get a start in Java, C, or C++ programming might want to take a look in there. It's teaching you how to program through online courses (Free BTW) and then you owning the course requirements and doing your "assignments."

Mostly all you're going to need is $50 worth of software, CodeWarrior Discover Programming. If you complete a course using that you also save $80 off the Professional edition of Codewarrior, priced at $500. Sometimes they do recommend you have books too, but you can always manage to get through without them.

I plan on going into computer programming when i get out of high school (planning to attend DigiPen), so i'm looking forward to trying this. I am hoping to order my software soon so i can get started.

CodeWarriorU

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I like programming but I despise learning it. :D

3. gekko

gekko Peasant

Market Rating:
    I see, you expect to become the next John Carmack by hiring people to write the source code and then you turn it in as yours.

I think you're going to have a great future :rolleyes:

Do you do any web programming? PHP, ASP, Javascript, XML, CGI (pukes)? Aside from HTML.

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm learning PHP right now, I have experience with manipulating CGI (mostly perl) code but haven't really authored my own stuff. Same with Javascript.

I figure, why hand code everything when you have visual editors that can do most of the work. :D

My recent experiences with vBulletin have been forcing me to get down and dirty with the code though.

5. gekko

gekko Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ya, vB is actually making me read my PHP books.

I'm kinda like you, i hate learning to program. Once i've mastered a language (like HTML), i love to write the code. Some i can edit pretty well (PHP, CGI), but am not to the point of making my own stuff yet :(

6. Kweenz

Kweenz Peasant

Market Rating:
    Same with me. In the languages I'm learning, I can manipulate stuff pretty well, but I can't really write my own programs other than really basic stuff.

Hitometer: 53,566,855 since 1995