Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Clvl + Mf + Mlvl = drop quality?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Jedsia, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've noticed recently that the quality of my drops has improved as I have gotten higher level. But I don't see anything on the different d2 websites that says anything about this, does anyone know if character level does have an affect on drops?

I've been doing hell meph/baal/pindle runs since level 75+. I found decent items and every once in a while a real good item. Found a Stormshield and Gladiators Bane around 80th level.
    But when I hit 90, all of a sudden when I did get a good drop, it was real good. Since I've hit 90, these are the items I have found that I never found before.....

Naj Light Plate (set hellforge); Mavina's Kraken Shell armor; Skullders; Harley Crest; Ali Baba; Trang-Oul Chaos armor; Black Hades Chaos armor; 3 RavenFrosts (all over 200%ar); Ohm rune; Shaftstop; Atma's Scarab Ammy; Griswold's Ornate Plate, Guardian Angel Templar coat.

I know not all of these are elite or especially hard to find, and it may just be my luck (mf was 500% for most of these drops), but it just strikes me as odd that suddenly these items appear, after months of mf runs, when I turned 90.

Has anyone else noticed a difference in drop quality as they get higher level? Or is there someplace that does confirm or deny that theory? diabloii.net doesnt have anything on their website, nor does planet.diablo.

2. Spike

Spike Banned

Market Rating:
    From what I know about drops, your level is not calculated anywhere for monster drops. Possibly increased MF would be the most likely culprit, such as items that have +MF/level. Number of players in game increases drops as well. Your level does count for chests drops of course.

/edit Or maybe its because you are more powerful and killing monsters faster = more uber item drops.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2002
  3. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I do think that is the correct formula for doing it. Your level does influence it.

4. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    Level has nothing to do with monster drops, the function takes into account monster level and MF, that's it that's all.

If you get lots of good stuffs in a row, it's pure luck. Just tell yourself that it wouldn't last too long.

Hitometer: 53,554,220 since 1995