Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Clearly out of line...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dcwilson26, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    After days of protests due to this statement by the Pope, quoting a 14th century Byzantine emperor...

"Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

...the Mujahedeen Shura Council, "an umbrella organization of Sunni Arab extremist groups that includes al Qaeda in Iraq", made this statement as reported by CNN:

"The group said Muslims would be victorious and addressed the pope as "the worshipper of the cross" saying "you and the West are doomed as you can see from the defeat in Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya and elsewhere. ... We will break up the cross, spill the liquor and impose head tax, then the only thing acceptable is a conversion (to Islam) or (killed by) the sword."" - CNN.com

Clearly neither the Pope nor Emperor Paleologus knew what they were talking about... clearly...

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I would love to discuss this, but we don't normally allow religious threads because people can't handle it. Rational discourse is not possible in matters of religion because the topic appeals to the irrational (faith) which necessarily leads to personal attacks and arguments.

3. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Radicals of any religion sure can run off at the mouth, can't they?

4. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I wonder if they even cared about proving the pope right. Something is making me think the answer to that thought is "no".

5. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm pretty sure religion is the bane of our existence and will eventually be our undoing.

6. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    The point of my threat wasn't about one religion vs. another, but the fact that the Muslim guy simply confirmed everything the Pope was saying. Basically, "I'm pissed that you think we are violent people so I am going to kill you." Thats rather hilarious to me. Muslims all around the world have got to be shaking their heads at this moron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Hitometer: 53,932,988 since 1995