Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Class Reunion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SpocKirk, Jun 21, 2009.

1. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    it's time for my 10th year reunion, but I'm not sure I want to go. What's the purpose? I don't have anyone I want to hook-up with, and I'm not really interested in find out anything more about the people I graduated with, not for $27.

:/

//edit: and I'm not a hitman who is already in town for a hit

2. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    that's pretty cheap for a reunion. You might go just to see what it's like. Get this, my dad just went to his 50th high school reunion....50 years!

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I didn't get a notice about the reunion yet. When is it? I'm not sure I want to go. I wonder if they serve alcohol.

I went to a choral reunion a few years ago. I wanted to hook up with people I once knew. Everyone seemed to be indulging me. They seemed disinterested in talking to me. I am also a little shy and self-conscious so that didn't help my interaction. It was actually very much like my high school days.

Other people go to reunions to impress people they once knew. I have no desire to do that.

On the other hand, I'm a sucker for nostalgia. I like to stay connected to the past.

4. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    keomanee is the only one who is contacting everyone, and I think the only way she is finding people is through myspace/facebook. There is a cash bar, but non-alcoholic drinks and food is provided with the $27

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    8pm + Saturday night + bar + lots of people

My social anxiety doesn't like the sound of that.

I see some people on the list I want to see, but there are even more people I don't want to see. I doubt I will go.

6. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I didn't attend mine either. I feel like they are just a chance for everyone to show how big their dick grew in the past 10 years. Lame. I know I'm stereotyping but I can't help it.

7. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I probably would have gone to mine if it wasn't $75 just to see what one is like. I honestly don't care if people are trying to brag, or hook up, or looking to get drunk with old friends. I wouldn't care if no one came up to me to talk or even remembered me. We've all seen class reunions in movies and television shows, but I'm sure they really aren't like that. Maybe I'll go to my 20th reunion and see all the old people trying to act young again. I don't know.

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    changed my mind. I'm gonna go.

9. harleyb

harleyb Peasant

Market Rating:
  10. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Hmm. That guy has problems. Lots of directed hatred.

I was always a geek but people mostly left me alone. I got beat up once but that was my fault because I provoked him deliberately (and then played like I didn't). I wonder why I didn't make a better target. Maybe because I kept to myself. Maybe I wasn't geeky enough.

11. lost

lost Peasant

Market Rating:
    When is the reunion? Looking forward to hearing how it went/goes...

12. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    august 22

13. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    It was cool. I saw a few people that I wanted to see (mostly choir people). I got there right at 8pm (when it was supposed to start) and I was the only one there. Everyone else was "fashionably late." By 9pm the place was packed.

I ended up chatting with this girl Heather the whole time. I remembered her but she didn't remember me. We were the two introverts in the room so that worked out well.

Music was too damn loud. After a couple hours I went into the bar outside of the room where it was much quieter.

There were some drunks but nothing obnoxious. I was drinking diet coke. =\

Hitometer: 53,935,850 since 1995