Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Casual vs. Hardcore

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Calendryll, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Man it's getting nasty over there in the game forums. I sense a great disturbance in the force.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    ha, seriously. I have been reading some of those threads. Lots of hate over there.

3. Delphiki

Delphiki MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Casual or Hardcore, or neither...... name of the game is "Time Invested"...Look at rep rewards....it doesnt matter what content they release they real hardcore-rs always get it anyway...

4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    We'll see what the expansion brings, but I'm still gonna raid in the meantime. :twitch:

5. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    ha, a lot of ex wow players that switched to DDO have spilled this over onto their forums. The whole character progression for non-raiders seems to be a popular topic. Arguments like this can end up changing things.

6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Except a lot of it is just trolling. I was reading one where some guy posted a 4 paragraph rant about how casual players whine, and then made the first two replies himself to keep it at the top of the list. So, when no one argued back at him he kept bumping his own thread until he got what he wanted. Rather pathetic, I thought.

7. Delphiki

Delphiki MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    A great example is they way Blizz made it seem like they were going to put a LONG questline in the Silithus area that also involved repeabale faction quests which could lead to a SOLOable epic end reward....

Some of the questlines are there and the faction thing is there but having to find 20 players to get a Superior drop and needing 40 players to "raid" a summoned boss for an Epic

Hitometer: 53,837,352 since 1995