Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Can't boot from CD

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by gekko, Apr 21, 2002.

1. gekko

gekko Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've been reinstalling everything on my Mac all weekend. After the reformat, I couldn't boot to the OS 9 CD. So I said screw it, stuck in X, it worked fine, and I went on with my life.

Today I wanted to install Red Faction, remembered you needed to install it from OS 9, then patch it (same with UT, Q3A, D2, etc.), so I decided to try 9 again. Can't boot to the CD. Tried selecting it from the control panel, tried holding option and selecting it (didn't appear), and tried holding C (no system folder icon appeared).

I was trying to boot to the OS 9.1 CD that came with 10.0 back in the day. It is the full CD, not the upgrade (9.2.1 upgrade CD also didn't boot), but no luck.

I ended up installing it via my PowerBook, and now it boots into OS 9 fine and all. But I want this fixed in case it happens again. Anyone got any ideas?

2. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    I had a problem like that with my TiPB 500... you have to use the CD's that came with your computer... otherwise it will not work....

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    if the OS version on the CD is earlier than the version that came with your computer originally then many times it won't boot to it.

Hitometer: 53,932,985 since 1995